Thor: Love and Thunder

Tools    

I gotta admit, yesterday's trailer took me from mild curiosity to actively wanting to see this.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Something just doesn’t feel right…

And Bale looks like a flea market Voldemort.

I’m all in though. Wondering how close to Guardians 2.5 this will be.

So, Jane Foster is supposed to be as worthy as Steve Rogers? This movie is 100% Hollywood ass.

The trick is not minding
So, Jane Foster is supposed to be as worthy as Steve Rogers? This movie is 100% Hollywood ass.
It’s following comic book book canon, for what it’s worth.

Welcome to the human race...
They come up with a whole other reason for her to be able to wield it...

WARNING: "Love and Thunder" spoilers below
Turns out Thor once asked Mjolnir to always protect her so when she develops Stage 4 cancer and then finds the broken pieces of Mjolnir they reassemble and grant her Thor powers that stave off her cancer

Anyway, leaving that aside, this movie is terrible. Bottom-tier MCU.

They come up with a whole other reason for her to be able to wield it...

WARNING: "Love and Thunder" spoilers below
Turns out Thor once asked Mjolnir to always protect her so when she develops Stage 4 cancer and then finds the broken pieces of Mjolnir they reassemble and grant her Thor powers that stave off her cancer

Anyway, leaving that aside, this movie is terrible. Bottom-tier MCU.
are u serious 🧐😑😒. to me its really amazing movie i loved it so much. one of the best top 5 mcu movies ever but i respect ur opinion

I saw this today and really liked it. It's lots of fun with some good laughs and heart. Christian Bale makes a great villain. One of the best films of the year.

and of course I'm sitting in the theater right now with 3D glasses on lol! I'm such a Marvel mark. Will give a poorly written review later...

The first half of this movie is a spoof of a Marvel movie, like Mel Brooks directed it. At first I laughed, but it was relentless. There isnt any serious content, and where there was opportunity for it they forcibly wouldnt and kept being so tongue and cheek to the point of exhaustion. Realize we are talking about 75 minutes of absurd franchise killing silliness.

Then it was just bad. Not funny, just bad. It was bad. People probably laughed whenever a comic book editor ever told someone their job occupation, but this movie is a perfect example of what dangers lie in letting "creative" run wild, especially when the creator has no concept of the core product.

MARVEL Studios movies were fun. They were better than DC movies because they could interject humor and self deprecating sarcasm very smoothly at the right times. Sadly Thor Love and Thunder was all silliness. All sizzle and no steak, and even though they spent $250 million dollars creating it I was left unfulfilled.

2 1/2 popcorn boxes out of 5, and thats having seen it in 3D. I dont know if I would have lasted till the end otherwise.

The first half of this movie is a spoof of a Marvel movie, like Mel Brooks directed it. At first I laughed, but it was relentless. There isnt any serious content, and where there was opportunity for it they forcibly wouldnt and kept being so tongue and cheek to the point of exhaustion. Realize we are talking about 75 minutes of absurd franchise killing silliness.

Then it was just bad. Not funny, just bad. It was bad. People probably laughed whenever a comic book editor ever told someone their job occupation, but this movie is a perfect example of what dangers lie in letting "creative" run wild, especially when the creator has no concept of the core product.

MARVEL Studios movies were fun. They were better than DC movies because they could interject humor and self deprecating sarcasm very smoothly at the right times. Sadly Thor Love and Thunder was all silliness. All sizzle and no steak, and even though they spent $250 million dollars creating it I was left unfulfilled.

2 1/2 popcorn boxes out of 5, and thats having seen it in 3D. I dont know if I would have lasted till the end otherwise.
are u serious 🧐 as a huge marvel fan i loved the movie i seen it 4 times now😎 its on my top 10 best marvel movies 😎 i respect ur opinion!! to me i give it 5/5!!!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This really makes me appreciate the chances DC takes. Doesn’t matter that they aren’t big swings and home runs.

Why were the Guardians even in this? Felt like contractual obligations.

Welcome to the human race...
That's probably it, but I also get the impression that Waititi's tendency to make much shorter films outside of the MCU means that his entries have to be bulked up one way or the other (see also the inclusion of Dr. Strange in Ragnarok).

All the stuff I've read here and all the YouTube reactions I've seen so far have me skipping this one. I'm pretty sure I've got the feel for it. I'll catch it sometime when Disney has to start giving out 30 day free cards just to get people to watch their "content".

Sure sounds like a nice little payday for Natalie PortPerson. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. Has anybody seen the faces of Tessa Thompson meme? F*cking hysterical.