4.84%
3 votes
Dave Chappelle
74.19%
46 votes
other
62 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Brian Regan, actually.

Jim Gaffigan - "Pie can’t compete with cake. Put candles in a cake, it’s a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, and somebody’s drunk in the kitchen."

Jerry Seinfeld- “There's very little advice in men's magazines, because men don't think there's a lot they don't know. Women do. Women want to learn. Men think, "I know what I'm doing, just show me somebody naked."”

In this video, after the first part of Louis's routine about double edged swords, he begins to try and justify really sh*tty and controversial topics which ends up being completely hilarious. If you aren't into some of the more vulgar comedy then don't watch, but if you don't mind it - CHECK THIS CLIP OUT!

starts around 2:45
&feature=related

Unregistered Illegal User
(in no particular order)

Bill Maher
Lisa Lampanelli
Greg Giraldo
Jeff Ross
Michael McIntyre
Sommore
George Carlin
Dane Cook
Don Rickles
Patton Oswalt
Bo Burnham
John Mulaney
Erin Foley

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Hmmmm. There are so many good ones.

Bill Hicks
Ron White
Dennis Leary
Dave Attell
Dane Cook
Lenny Bruce
Bill Cosby

But my favorite is David Cross. Seriously, the man is brilliant.
Its weird you would have both Dennis Leary And Bill Hicks among your favourites.

Leary has long been outed as a hack that stole Hicks' act, softened some of the edges for the mainstream with his "no cure for cancer" set that catapulted him into the big time.

there's a frog in my snake oil
There's a load of youtubery and other favourites on this thread too...

Stand-Up Comedy

I haven't seen anything from him in ages, but Gallagher always cracked me up…

Still like Gallagher where ever he is now... and would add:

George Carlin
Robin Williams
Conan O'Brien
Bill Cosby
Billy Crystal
Tim Allen

And I love the old comic routines of Burns and Allen... Red Skelton... and Bob Hope...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I've tried watching Dane Cook a bunch of times, but I cannot feel that guy.
I know he's huge and all, but his stuff is lost on me. I'll give him a couple more tries...

Dane Cook is everything that's wrong with comedy. EVERYTHING that is wrong with comedy. EVERYTHING WRONG. Dane Cook. Everything that is wrong. with. Comedy.

(please picture me stomping around and bending over a lot as I say this, then, I will be just as hilarious as Dane Cook)

starts around 2:45
&feature=related
Louis is absolutely hilar. A very honest, postmodern sort of comic. His show Louis is also about the only show I watch on TV nowadays since stupid Lost ended. It is very hilar.

Also, this poll is kind of a big fail since 75% of the comics people like are not the ones you thought they liked.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My girlfriend likes Dane Cook a lot, but he's never done much for me. I think his jokes are funny and he's very witty, but his delievery and voice just grate on me. It's too "in your face" and forceful. Almost defeats the points.

Steven Wright on the otherhand I love. His deadpan style is classic, and very funny. Seems like a cool guy.

I like Brian Posehn quite a bit. I saw him in Des Moines a couple weeks ago and his stuff is very good, and he plays well to his "look" which is that of a huge child rapist.

Robin Williams I can't stand, whether it's in stand up or in interviews. I like a few of his movies when he's not obnoxious and frippin' loud and annoying, but that's very rare.

Lenny Bruce and George Carlin are classic, and nothing more can really be said.

Larry the Cable Guy is worthless and plays up to his redneck and white trash audience as well as the cross-over appeal he has to people in the midwest with them "traditional values," who have made it into the upper middle class and their pathetic cul-de-sacs and such.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

George Carlin is probably my favorite stand-up comic of all time. I hate Dane Cook.

Eddie Izzard, Lewis Black, George Carlin, Richard Pryor.

Eddie Izzard on the history of Stonehenge:

My favorite stand up comic is george carlin.