top 3 fav. sports movies

Tools    

1)got to be the rocky movies -YA JUST GOTTA LOVE THEM
2)the longest yard- I ENJOYED THIS ONE NICE TO SEE STEVE AUSTIN
3)the fan-NOT A BASEBALL FAN BUT I LOVED De Niro in this one

the best sport movies ever are in order are

1 friday night lights
2 the sixth man( no1 has prob heard of it)
3 remember the titans
4 the air up there
5 all the mighty duck movies
6 the longest yard
7 coach carter
8 water boy
9 happy gilmore
10 baseketball

I am having a nervous breakdance
Is Raging Bull a sports film?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Is Raging Bull a sports film?
Yes, of course. Boxing is a sport.

Raging Bull is MORE than "just" a sports movie, but it is most certainly that too. It's silly to discount it simply because it's a much deeper and more complex film than Mighty Ducks 3. It should be elevated because of this, not dismissed.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

District B13
Million Dollar Baby: great acting, and a great story to be told.

Hoosiers: Too many classic lines/scenes to mention, so I'll mention one of the most quotable dialogue's in history "Measure that hoop from the floor"....."Same distance as the one back home."

Miracle: Our greatest era in olympic history is told, that's all that needs to be said.

1) Major League
2) Hoosiers
3) and sad but true Varsity Blues....thought it was better than expecting.

1. Hoop Dreams
2. The Hustler
3. Predator
(c'mon. C'MON. You know it might as well be a sports movie.)

Originally Posted by sonics5
the best sport movies ever are in order are

1 friday night lights
2 the sixth man( no1 has prob heard of it)
3 remember the titans
4 the air up there
5 all the mighty duck movies
6 the longest yard
7 coach carter
8 water boy
9 happy gilmore
10 baseketball
The sixth man is an awesome movie!! Marlon Wayans was funny in it.

Originally Posted by Silas
3) The Big Lebowski
Although The Big Lebowski is one of my favourites, I don't see it as a sports movie

Originally Posted by nebbit
Although The Big Lebowski is one of my favourites, I don't see it as a sports movie
I personally wouldn't class it as a sports movie either. I suppose what category a film falls under depends on how you interperate it.

I just loved that movie and the fact that bowling was an important aspect in it pursued me to include it, although i wouldnt fully categorize it as a sports movie either

My favorite sport movies are:-

1) Major League (I think only TheLebowski is the only other guy in the forum who liked it)
2) Shaolin soccer (Stephen Chow)
3) Lagaan (You may not have heard of it, it is a film from india and also won an oscar for the best foreign language film)

Like almost everyone else i want to put Raging Bull as a fav sports movie, but i refraine, and i will be different. ( not in any order of significance).

1. Breaking Away

2.Tin Cup

3.North Dallas Forty

and a contender for top 3 ....caddyshack..lol

Diz
Bend It Like Beckham
Miracle
Seabiscuit

1 Hoop Dreams

2 Raging Bull

3 either when We Were Kings or Shaolin Soccer- neither are anywhere near the masterpieces the first two are, but are both great to watch for differing reasons.

The True Meaning Of Christmas
1. Hoosiers
2. Remember The Titans
3. Friday Night Lights

You're only as healthy as you feel
the list is the following :

Raging Bull

Bang the drum slowly

The fan

NOTE: Any one has Bang the drum slowly please gives me a messege
Thanx

Originally Posted by Robert DeNiro
NOTE: Anyone has Bang the Drum Slowly please gives me a message
What do you mean "has", as in owns in their movie collection? Yeah, I has it. What's it to ya'?

*BY THE BY, you can't use images in your signature. Please take out that link, it's stretching the page.