Fashion Tab

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Now I know this is way off topic, but I'm curious as to the types of clothes posters wear...Now this is could turn into a very long tab, or it couldn't, eitherways I'll apologize for the non-movie related tab now.

What I wore today:
A red Old Navy performance fleece (from that commercial a few years back) over a green shirt for my bro's college, so that stuck out the bottom. White khaki's, white socks, green Old Navy boxers, and my Airwalks that I have been rocking since 7th grade.

I won't have to post here often -- I love re-wearing jeans and shirts whenever I can get away with it. Today, it was mostly just a grayish t-shirt with some little ridged line thingies vertically all over it, a dark green (forest green...like the color of the DVD button background up at the top...best color, ever) button-shirt over it (not buttoned) with this one black and white strip a little over the midsection.

And, of course, my favorite: the short version of these pants I have that zip away from below the knees to turn into shorts. They're sort of semi water-proof (you know the texture I mean, I'm sure), and they've got pockets all over. BEST OF ALL: the "main" pockets have zippers...which is great for not spilling change, which I would definitely do otherwise.

Too descriptive, I know. Sorry. Oh, and I didn't go out today, so no shoes to speak of...the pair of shoes I do have, though, is like 2 years old. I can afford another pair easy, but I've never gotten around to it. They're too old to stop using now...I'm getting too used to them.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Let's see...yesterday I wore...jeans, and a red shirt with a dark blue line...and my adidas shoes...

Today, I'm wearing some light khakis, a blue old navy shirt, a red button down shirt(unbuttoned), and my adidas shoes...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

What I wore today:
My Cambridge University shirt, its kinda tattered and torn, a white undershit, white khaki's, white socks, sort of yellowish boxers, and my Airwalks that I have been rocking since 7th grade.

Oh and i intended to wear my fleece when I got cold but chics kept nabbin it! humpf!

Radioactive Spider Blood
My favorite pair of jeans, black socks, and a wife beater. Well, I had a sweater type thing on before, but my room is toasty.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

ahhhh fashion....HA! i love my clothes, but i wouldn't call it fashion...running shorts or running tights depending on the temperature outside...tank tops and adidas running shoes. if i decide to put non-athletic clothes on, i ALWAYS wear faded levis button fly straightleg jeans, chuck taylor hightops (i have five or six pairs and i hand paint them) and a t-shirt. lots of blue and green....and NEVER red or pink and rarely black. i own some nicer clothes and a few dresses but i wear the same stuff all the time....except that this summer i started wearing little sundress type things...wanted to make sure i was still a girlie.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
what's amusing here is that the men don't change! and that it's the men babbling about what they wear.

i have two modes ... the mode i sported up until this year, and i'm missing it more and more. Mode 1 - Casual Comfort (ie, boy's clothes). Men have all the best clothes, i swear. I mean, for day to day wear. Women look cute and all in the little trendy styles but those clothes are 1) expensive and 2) uncomfortable. then you get pissed when you spill mustard or spaghetti sauce on it ... when if it were boy's clothes, you'd just slap some soap and water on with a paper towel and be done with it. and there's just something so warm and inviting about your clothes ... all of you sound so comfortable and cuddly. i swear.

ok ok, so, Mode 1 -

PANTS
-baggy @ss darkest blue jeans (usually too long for me so I have to cuff the bottom but they drag anyway)
-still looking for the ultimate pair of khakis and baggy corduroys
-tighter fit lighter blue jeans for "girly boyish" effect. wear sneakers plus cute top and i have casual but can get away with it cuz i'm wearing a nice top.

insert: men's pants kick @ss but don't always fit a girl's hips and thighs so well

SHOES
-i get Payless shoes Airwalk Wannabes. I'm poor. I usually wear them out within a year cuz i'm tread heavy on the insole. But the problem is they used to change the color every season (navy blue, tan, etc) but now they don't anymore so all i have is a yucky tan, but that's limited my shoe flair the past couple years. i wear those with jeans when i don't care about being anything but comfortable.

i also have some heavy dark brown "workmen's" shoes with the heavy sole (for presence) and a pair of those slide your feet in rubber "pool shoes" that are all about quick comfort (going to the store down the block and don't care if you see my white crew socks with grey toetips).

SHIRTS
-baggy guy's shirts, short sleeved. used to wear more t-shirts but they fit me less and less in the chest so I get a more fitted kind with contrast lines (along upper shoulder) or various logos (not major, I hate logos), usually by brands I've never heard of in the cheap but stylish Korean clothing stores they have at the mall. The usual shirt is dark blue with a white stripe on the arms, sometimes a V-neck. occasional t-shirt under Hawaiian shirt (the cool kind, not the hokey kind).

MODE 2 - Dressy. Blech. With the impending expulsion into the real world where men can get away with khakis daily but women must "switch-out" though we resist dressing up TOO much (unless we're older, therefore forced to look respectable in pants suits, skirt suits, and pumps), i have resorted to "trendy comfortable." though it is against my nature to be "trendy" i am also cursed with an inescapable appreciation for beauty/style and cannot allow myself to look cruddy when I must present a respectable front.

PANTS - none, they never seem to fit me right. don't ask.

SKIRTS
long (past knee, mid-calf length) - black, charcoal gray, gray pinstripe - gives me a tall look, hides my legs, keeps them warm in the winter, and my only alternative to jeans.

short - spring only, flirty flowery things (i know, i'm ashamed) but they're sort of simplified (trendy, not old maidish) with a flare just past knee (worn with light shirt over tank top, or fitted shirt)

JACKETS - matching skirts, black, charcoal gray

FITTED SHIRTS - ah, my vavavoom shirts. tight white, red, black, and lime green. french cuffs, unbutton the top two, cleavage. Shirts are tailored with tucks around the midsection to show off figure (slender midsection and popping waist and chest effect) - remain business-like but sexy. over a long skirt ... oh so professional and demure.

i switch the shirts around with some other cotton-based, colored, or patterned shirts - woolen turtlenecks or whatnot for a change, or a mock turtleneck with a suede black/brown long -sleeved button up over it (unbuttoned).

SHOES
-practicing lately in high (thick) heeled knee-high boots. i'm not used to high heels and rarely wear them but figure i better train myself in preparation for fame and fortion when I rub elbows with the Hollywood bigwigs.
-when feet are tired, resort to low heeled boots or sensible black pumps with ankle socks.

in general, i go barelegged - i can't stand pantyhose.

tada! this shouldn't update, this is pretty much my style. i tend to switch out "dressy" with "dressed down" during the work week and walk around in pajamas/lounge clothes and socks when I get home (i strip the minute i walk in the door regardless of what i'm wearing) and if i'm not going anywhere on a weekend.

Chuck Taylor's? Aren't they those Converse/canvas ones? I used to wear those all the times. Even had a pair of big red ones. I love those things...hopefully I'll get another nice pair at some point...though my feet are getting pretty big, so it'll probably be tough.

I'm actually a nudist so I haven't worn any clothes since 1997, not even in the winter.

seriously!

Now With Moveable Parts
Let's see, I won't post a laundry list like thmmie did ( ha, little play on words there..heh-heh) but I will say what I wore today, which was: Low riding-hip-huggin' Ralph Laren jeans( that I bought at Ross, no way I'd pay full price for some label, but they ARE great sexy jeans) and a white, fitted sweater, black boots, and an Old Navy pea-coat, that I've had before pea-coats were even trendy... and of course, the best accessory I own, a black leather, studded, CK, belt. It's so trashy looking. I love to pair it with really soft, girlie things..like the white sweater. looks great.

Bigval, maybe if you wore some clothes you wouldn't be so scared camping?

underwear......love wearing mens fitted boxers (i think they call them briefs but i'm not sure)...like those amazing Calvin Klein ribbed cotton ones with a fly...so cool.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
ooooh, pattie, kinky!!

sades - i just didn't want to update this thing daily ...

Now With Moveable Parts
thmmie, dah-ling...what if we want you to update daily? Hmmm? Like right now, I'm wearing plaid pajama pants and a T-shirt...cuz I don't have to BE ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Yesterday:
White shorts, khakis(love em), a white undershirt, and a blue button up shirt, unbuttoned with sleeves rolled up, and occasionally the fleece if i got cold.

Today:
Khakis(in case you havent noticed i dont like jeans), and a gray shirt. Wasnt what i was planning on wearing, and dont particulairly like the outfit, but i woke up late.

Parents going out of town for the weekend, ill let you know if i wear any clothes.

Now With Moveable Parts
Parents out of town...

Sho' 'nuff!!

Only for 3 nights, but still. Ahh...I remember when they left for 2 weeks. And it was during the summer.....

Now With Moveable Parts
Well...enjoy it. Just don't rub my nose in it.