Halloween: The Missing Years

Tools    

It seems instead of the new halloween(originaly titled Halloween: Retribution) being a sequel there is a new prequel in the works. This film is going to cover some events that took place before Michael escapes from Smith's Grove in 1978. Also they have stated they have a "Big Name" director attached but they havent said who. Im a little interested how this is going to work. Since we all know that Michael Stole his signature mask from a hardware store in Haddonfield what will he be wearing in this film. Also I wonder if they will be getting a younger actor to play Michael in this one. While this could very well turn out to be another mediocre entry like Ressurection was it could also be the rebirth of this great series

The Akkads have also stated that as long as they are in charge we will never see Myers in a VS. movie even though New Line is pushing them for a Freddy vs. Jason. Vs. Michael movie.

heres a link to the article
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/ind...plate=newsfull

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I almost posted in that Halloween 9-Picture thread earlier to ask about the status of the new Halloween film. I guess now I know...

So a maskless Michael huh? That may just loose it's zing if they do that?

Well this sucks...

some of you seem mad but Im interested in how they are going to do this. Plus i don't see any reason to continue sequels when there are no storys to play off of because everyone is dead (besides Michael of course). and I hate when they just introduce a bunch of paper thin characters just to be killed in that movie like how the did in Ressurection.

Everyone isn't dead. What about Jamie's son? The story needs to be continued and finally ended before they should make this movie and thats just IMO.

I seriously doubt we will see what happened to Jamies son since all the characters and events of Halloween 4-5 have neevr been mentioned or brought up. The only thing I can think of is Laurie/Keri's son but I still don't like that character or Josh Hartnett so Im still glad about the prequel.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
some of you seem mad but Im interested in how they are going to do this. Plus i don't see any reason to continue sequels when there are no storys to play off of because everyone is dead (besides Michael of course). and I hate when they just introduce a bunch of paper thin characters just to be killed in that movie like how the did in Ressurection.
Yeah I guess it is different and deserves a chance. I'm still gonna watch it of course. Just wondering how they will have michael maskless and if it's covered later on, how if he's in locked up in the mental ward?

demon to some - angel to others
Well, this probably could be an interesting flick but since it's obviously being made just
to gain some more profit out of the franchise, I doubt it'll be a good one.
Michael without mask.. I don't beliefe this could work. He'll probably just wear another
mask or something and then the movie's just like any other Halloween movie before

ceno

What's the deal with horror prequels now? Why?
Friday the 13th? TCM: The Beginning? Now this?

Was there some big success that sparked this fad? I mean, because you know how uber successful The Exorcist: The Beginning was (in both its craptacular variations).

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Why not do a sequel or prequel to Haloween 3: Season of the Witch, otherwise known as "The worst film in the series"??? Cause there are sooo many unanswered questions...like why wasn't it connected to any of the other films? I kid. Nobody needs that, but that movie is hilariously inept.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Isn't it kind of like beating a dead horse at this point?

Jesus Christ. I hate and I mean HATE prequels. Name a good prequel anyone, anyone? EXACTLY.
Prequels are a waste of time and money. It is just a way to whore out a movie series further. But then Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th have made a good point in doing it anyway. What is it going to be like anyway? The messed up anticdotes of young Mike Myers. Watch as he stabs his mother and rapes his Dad or some bull****.

So, this film is going to cover the years Michael was locked up at Smith's Grove? How can that be interesting? Didn't he just sit in a chair with a blank expression for most of the time? Unless the movie is going to be about a different killer than Michael, it's either going to be boring or useless. Are they going to make up some new bullsh** story that Michael escaped for awhile as a young teen and went on a killing spree? Or killed people in the sanitarium? Cause according to the first Halloween and the sequels, nothing like that happened. Although... maybe this mean they're going to bring back the Thorn stuff from part 6? Where the entire hospital staff was in on Michael's evil and was training him, stuff like that.

Now THIS is interesting stuff... this should be the trailer for Halloween 9:

Michael Myers' Private Life: