Question about DVD players

Tools    

I got a few questions about dvd players.

1) How do you know if your dvd player plays Region 2 dvds if you bought it in the states?

2) My dvd player on my computer is Intervideo Windvd 4 which i use frequently, does anyone know if that plays region 2 dvds

3) I also use my playstation 2 as my main dvd player so again does anybody know if that plays region 2 dvds?

The main reason i ask is because there is a awesome Halloween box set always for sale on ebay but its region 2 so i dont wanna buy it then not be able to watch.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
1) How do you know if your dvd player plays Region 2 dvds if you bought it in the states?
If your DVD player doesn't have the Region-free logo on the front, then check the instructions manual that came with it. If you bought it in the states, unaware if it was region-free or not, then your DVD player probably only plays R1 (Region 1) DVDs.

2) My dvd player on my computer is Intervideo Windvd 4 which i use frequently, does anyone know if that plays region 2 dvds
It doesn't matter what program you use to play DVDs, it all depends on your computer. Say if you insert a R2 disc into your drive, a window will pop up and ask you if you want to change your computer's region-code in order to play it. BE WARNED: You can only change your computer's region-code a certain amount of times. Once you exceed your limit of changing the region, your computer keeps the current region-code forever. You will not be able to change it, not even if you upgrade your hard drive. So be cautious if you play them on your PC.

But if you have DVD Shrink, you can copy the film onto a new disc, and change it's region. But you will still be asked if you want to change your PC's region-code.

3) I also use my playstation 2 as my main dvd player so again does anybody know if that plays region 2 dvds?
Only if you bought it in the Region 2 zone.

If I were you, I'd buy a new multi-region DVD player. You can get them quite cheap. Just check on Amazon. If you buy a multi-region DVD player, you'll be able to buy DVDs from all over the world.

1) Try searching for a hack on google

3) I'm sure there's some cheat cartridges which enable mutli region capability as well

The People's Republic of Clogher
thanks guys i will look into it
As PT says, google your DVD player's name and model number followed by 'region free code' or similar.

If that doesn't work, borrow an R2 or R3 disc if you can and see if it will work in your player. I'm only saying this because the last two DVD players I've bought have turned out to be region free straight from the box (even though it says R2 on the back).

You never know your luck...

I dont really know anybody with region 2 DVDs but i bet i can find someone if i ask around. The thing is my dvd player is a piece of crap so im lucky if i get it to play any DVDs withought skipping so i usually use my playstation 2 and you guys said if i bought it here it wont be mulit-regional so i might just buy an all new dvd player just because i need and i will just make sure its mulit regional

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I dont really know anybody with region 2 DVDs but i bet i can find someone if i ask around. The thing is my dvd player is a piece of crap so im lucky if i get it to play any DVDs withought skipping so i usually use my playstation 2 and you guys said if i bought it here it wont be mulit-regional so i might just buy an all new dvd player just because i need and i will just make sure its mulit regional
Check out www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/
there are normally codes to unlock multi-region features on your dvd player.
Good luck.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
I got a few questions about dvd players.

The main reason i ask is because there is a awesome Halloween box set always for sale on ebay but its region 2 so i dont wanna buy it then not be able to watch.
Almost every dvd player can be unlocked to allow it to play any disc

Here's a program that lets you play any region code on your dvd-rom drive even if it has been locked http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...egion_free.cfm
Also there is software available that unlocks the drive on your ps2 but the is your ntsc television compatible with PAL?
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
Also there is software available that unlocks the drive on your ps2 but the is your ntsc television compatible with PAL?
If the PS2 is connected via scart lead then the PAL/NTSC thing shouldn't be a problem. Same with DVD and VHS players.

At least, I think so.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Well if that's the case there's nothing to worry about
For less than 20 bucks you can make your ps2 region free and after a quick search on google you can find the region free code for most dvd players