Future of Zombies?

Tools    

No i don't mean the future of the "running" zombies seen in 28 days later and Zach Synder's Dawn of the dead. Im talking about Romero's zombies. I love all four of his dead films and I was just wondering what you guys think what the future zombies in his next movies(which hopefully he makes) will act like. As we see in each movie the zombies are getting more intelligent and gaining more memory. one thing I think might happen is since the zombies are starting to learn to communicate I think there might be some zombies becoming enemys with each other so instead of all just going on the instinct to eat they are against one another. So what do you think will evolve from this

and

I think the next step is one backwards, and three slides to the left: clearly what's coming are zombies that dance with Michael Jackson.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am having a nervous breakdance
Perhaps the zombies, as you said, will turn on each other. Maybe they will be even more conformed, killing every zombie that tries to be different. It will end up being two or perhaps three different kinds of zombies that will try to exterminate each other, with a few specimen of the noble human race caught in the middle trying to save the universe.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think you were dead on with zombies growing to attack one another. I can already see a scene built on a subtle growing rivalry (and Romero is king when it comes to the subtlety he puts in zombies) between two undead that culminates in one attacking the other when he takes the best part of some human...

I don't think they'll evolve to the point where they'll actively use guns or be driving around, but I think another next step for them is going to be establishing some simple traps for people. Zombies making traps...I'm sold.

What about zombie machines or mechanical zombies? Old undead car wrecks and lawnmowers? The world has not only been taken over by the machines - the machines have been taken over by zombie machines!!

there's a frog in my snake oil
What about zombies getting a taste for oil and gas? There could be hardened guys out in the wilderness fighting to keep the zombies away from their precious heating oil. The political ramifications could be oh-so subtle .

Originally Posted by OG-
I think you were dead on with zombies growing to attack one another. I can already see a scene built on a subtle growing rivalry (and Romero is king when it comes to the subtlety he puts in zombies) between two undead that culminates in one attacking the other when he takes the best part of some human...

I don't think they'll evolve to the point where they'll actively use guns or be driving around, but I think another next step for them is going to be establishing some simple traps for people. Zombies making traps...I'm sold.
Im land of the Dead Big daddy used a gun more than i few times and tought that other woman zombie to use the machine gun also bub used a gun in Day of the dad. they werent driving around but certainly they were using guns

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Im land of the Dead Big daddy used a gun more than i few times and tought that other woman zombie to use the machine gun also bub used a gun in Day of the dad. they werent driving around but certainly they were using guns
Yah I know, but it's not like he was taking aim or anything. Granted it was a step up from the gun carrying zombies in Dawn or Day, but it still was pretty passive.

Originally Posted by Golgot
What about zombies getting a taste for oil and gas? There could be hardened guys out in the wilderness fighting to keep the zombies away from their precious heating oil. The political ramifications could be oh-so subtle .

That was what I was thinking too. We trust more and more of our lives into the "hands" of the machines and computers. They have become the backbone of our consumer culture. Well, or at least a big part of the backbone. Perhaps it would be cool with a zombie film that reflected this era we know live in that is marked a lot by that and by the fear of "the other one". It's important to not stick out too much or too little and to have the right goods.

Well with the classic zombie movie's that are already out there, you can't make them to humanized. If they are communicating with each other and getting more of their memory back, that is fine but I would'nt go any further than that. Other wise it would'nt be a zombie flick.

Hold on one minute?Zombies killing each other?Thats retarded.
Zombies share one goal and one goal only and thats their undying
hatred for the living.The only reason zombies usually win in flicks is cos they all work together and share a common purpose where as the humans usually stop co-operating with each other and thats when they start ****ing up.

I think the biggest innovation was their capability of learning which has a direct correlation to their enviroment...Bub was able to portray human qualities (manners, respect, frustration, curiousity) the more time he spent with the Dr., who also had those qualities...in Land of the Dead, Big Daddy took on the more evil human qualities (vengeance, hatred, destructive) which were the qualities held by the population in the fortified city

so...if this is the trend...then Romero will have to find ways for the zombies to portray new human qualities...perhaps love, compassion? or he will try and create a society in which zombies and humans may cohabitate with a mutual understanding...see Fido

Horrorphiliac