The 27th General Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thursday or Friday will determine my status after all. I'm just playing it smart this time. I don't want to watch what I'll consider a bunch of crap.

Here's to hoping it looks somewhat intriguing.
Indeed, my friend, indeed!

Even if you don't join this Hall, I hope to see you in future Halls. You give great commentary.
{see above comment}

Not 100% out, just waiting to see what my workload is going to be like. Should have a good idea before the deadline next week.

I did find a good copy of my film online just in case. Assuming I would go with that one, I should probably rewatch it first as I've only seen it once.
::INSERT HAPPY DANCE::
That would be AWESOME. I just didn't want to jump the gun and I know how things pile up.

I have a couple of films that are popping up in my mind as potential nominations, but I'll give it some thought before sending it in.
Totally understand. Time to ponder, time to obsess, time to freak out and just finally choose already. . . lol
hello everyone, i am new here and i heard this was a good place for recommendations!

i read through the start of the topic and i have some questions.
there is already a lot of messages so i didn't read everything, apologies if i missed something.

at first i was confused what HoF means but i think it means Hall of Fame?
i understand that people make film nominations (i think that it basically means recommendations?) and i see some rules for it but could someone maybe explain me a bit more how this works?
i hope my questions aren't too much trouble!
No trouble at all! Very wonderful to meet you and I see Miss Vicky and CR already answered your questions, and should you have any others, please don't hesitate.
A little additional info: this week is the initial week for people to join and send their nominations (recommendations) to me and come this Friday I will reveal them all in the thread and on the first-page main post. There is also a secondary week (Ending January 21) for what we like to call: OPEN DOOR POLICY. Which is something for those preferring to see what has been nominated before deciding to join. So you do have the option of happily jumping in blindly or waiting till after the REVEAL to make a decision.
Of course, Friday the 21st will be the usual deadline for entries.
And regarding a Timeline for this Hall of Fame, we generally set it as 1 week per film, so at 12 films the deadline would be 12 weeks from the REVEAL Date of January 14th.

Again, THANKS for popping in and considering!

I forgot the opening line.
Well, I'm in - this promises to be a memorable Hall of Fame with some uncomfortable moments. I love uncomfortable moments. This time around my nomination is a film that's been widely seen - but one I hope I can encourage everyone to watch again and appreciate. I have a few more obscure and great picks for future Hall of Fames, but I've decided to once in a while pick something that I think, while well known, truly deserves to be up there. I went through all the previous HoFs to make sure it's been a while since it's been nominated - to my surprise I found that it's never been nominated.

I really hope @CosmicRunaway joins and gives us the nomination she hinted at. I really hope that one or more of the nominations shocks and appalls me. I'm sure there will be a few I've never heard of that I'll enjoy. I liked all of the picks for the 26th HoF - even Daisies. It was a great experience. My nom for that one was one I liked, and was sure nobody would have already seen. This time it's something I consider to be the best film ever made.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Just sent my nom. I played it relatively safe with a film I haven't seen in a long time, but that I remember liking a lot. However, every time it comes up, it seems to be mostly under-seen. We'll see.

thank you for the nice messages and an extra thank you to the people that took time to answer my questions!

i think it makes sense now and with everyone watching the same films it sounds like a great way to discuss them.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Someone amongst you has already nominated what was going to be my nomination - whoever it is, I heartily agree with your nom.
That was a surprise for me as well. Definitely not something for me to occur in a General HoF.
VERY happy to have you, Phoenix!!
Just sent my nom. I played it relatively safe with a film I haven't seen in a long time, but that I remember liking a lot. However, every time it comes up, it seems to be mostly under-seen. We'll see.
Both you and Phoenix's films are rounding out the list very nicely and pretty d@mn cool to have you as well.

We're getting a very sizable group together and I just wanted to thank everyone for that. That is SOOOO cool!
thank you for the nice messages and an extra thank you to the people that took time to answer my questions!

i think it makes sense now and with everyone watching the same films it sounds like a great way to discuss them.
You are quite welcome, Ahiko. Thank you so much for taking an interest. There is so much going on here on this site and the people here are very very cool.
Look forward to seeing you around the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here.

If the reveal must wait until Friday, so be it, but I'd be cool with them being revealed today since I'll have the rare evening to myself.