MoFo Book Club?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I can't even guess how long it'll take to discuss a book--and that will likely vary widely depending on the book and the people who've read it.
I didn't even consider this - we like to talk about here!

I would be happy to be part of your book club.
Takoma11 is gonna want to read War & Peace and Crime & Punishment followed by The Magic Mountain, all 3 in their original languages of Russian & German.

A book club might be perfect for you. Put a little pressure on you to finish the book.
Lordy, we don’t need more pressure.

That's the problem -- pressure..
Exactly.

If you're a romance fan, you don't want to join a book club only to find you're now responsible for reading a 400+ page biography of Woodrow Wilson or something.
Are you kidding? It’s my favorite book.

Don't take it, or make it, personal.
Trust me. They will.

Selfishly, On Chesil Beach has been sitting unread on my bookshelf for the last three years.
It’s a decent book. I enjoyed it.

I'd recommend longer periods for both. Forums being asynchronous means a lot of people will check in every couple of days (some maybe even once a week), and/or just not notice the threads right away.
What on earth? Never seen this word before.

I've still got no f*cking idea what LOTR was about though. Damned thing is like reading a historical document.
Tolkien was from my hometown, but I’ve never read LOTR or seen the film version.

I met McEwan at an idiotic festival a few years ago (he was rather unlikeable) and read this shortly after. It’s entertaining enough but seemed equally unpleasant to me. Shame this one didn’t come to my mind when we were discussing sex scenes. It’s a good read, though.
I saw the film. Quite liked it. Ending wound me up though. Felt so bad for the male lead at the end.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I've still been reading short stories by Daphne Du Maurer, she wrote "Jamaica Inn", which was her most famous book i think made into a movie. Such incredible talent, practically all her stories have a magical realism element to them, i definitely admire her to the same degree as Phillip K. DIck and Jose J Veiga:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Look-Now...s%2C182&sr=1-4

When i was reading more a couple months ago, i devoured grapes of wrath which is a fun book.

I've still been reading short stories by Daphne Du Maurer, she wrote "Jamaica Inn", which was her most famous book i think made into a movie. Such incredible talent, practically all her stories have a magical realism element to them, i definitely admire her to the same degree as Phillip K. DIck and Jose J Veiga:
It's interesting to me that Hitchcock used not only Jamaica Inn as the story for his movie of the same name in 1939, but also he used her short story The Birds as inspiration for his movie in 1963. Her novel Rebecca was likewise made into a movie by Hitch in 1940. Her stories obviously had great appeal to Hitchcock.

It's interesting to me that Hitchcock used not only Jamaica Inn as the story for his movie of the same name in 1939, but also he used her short story The Birds as inspiration for his movie in 1963. Her novel Rebecca was likewise made into a movie by Hitch in 1940. Her stories obviously had great appeal to Hitchcock.

Yeah birds is a good ine, I haven't read rebecca yet. I'm currently on blue lenses, but haven't found the time to finish it yet. I'm in the er for my broken finger, lol

Yeah birds is a good ine, I haven't read rebecca yet. I'm currently on blue lenses, but haven't found the time to finish it yet. I'm in the er for my broken finger, lol
Good Lord, I hope your finger heals quickly.

Rebecca is a good film, but not representative of good Hitchcock due to the fact that he was hamstrung by David O. Selznick, the producer. Their personalities clashed, and I don't believe Hitch ever did another film with Selznik.

It's definitely worth a watch though. It's got some classic stuff in it.

Good Lord, I hope your finger heals quickly.

Rebecca is a good film, but not representative of good Hitchcock due to the fact that he was hamstrung by David O. Selznick, the producer. Their personalities clashed, and I don't believe Hitch ever did another film with Selznik.

It's definitely worth a watch though. It's got some classic stuff in it.

Luckily it's not broken, but it'll be a couple weeks till I can play guitar like I was again, hahaha

When i was reading more a couple months ago, i devoured grapes of wrath which is a fun book.
First time I’ve seen The Grapes of Wrath described as a “fun” book.

Rebecca is a good movie & a good book.