The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, I haven't seen either, but is it wrong to say that there's a higher probability of me checking out Devil's Rejects one day, than there is of me checking out Pride & Prejudice?

Sadly I'm not much of a fan of The Devil's Rejects, the final twenty minutes or so are good fun though while Pride & Prejudice is more herself's domain than mine (even then she much prefers the BBC mini-series from a decade earlier with Colin Firth et al to this one).

Seen: 3/8 (Own: 3/8)
My ballot:  

Faildictions (millennial edition v1.0):
92. Wo hu cang long [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon] (2000)
91. Mean Girls (2004)

I haven't seen the next two, which makes it harder to leave a hint... but I'll try anyway

Suffering alone
Suffering in three
Tied to a chair
A clown smiling with glee
So the second and fourth lines are for the Devil's rejects? And the first and third lines are for pride and prejudice, if I were to watch it?

I'm just kidding, I'm sure it's a fine film.

So the second and fourth lines are for the Devil's rejects? And the first and third lines are for pride and prejudice, if I were to watch it?

I'm just kidding, I'm sure it's a fine film.
Technically, the first and third lines are for #92, which will come up tomorrow (remember I said I messed the hint? ) But based on that pic that @Captain Spaulding shared, it seems that third one works for both

I didn't pur this on my list but you know what I'd like to see up here? Spy Kids.

HEAR ME OUT. It does what it wants to do perfectly by setting up its own world with its own rules and is incredibly unique and even surreal. Top it off with great acting, you got a wild ride that's great for kids and a good nostalgia trip.

Technically, the first and third lines are for #92, which will come up tomorrow (remember I said I messed the hint? )
Still voting Saw.

Welcome to the human race...
No votes. Decided to dig up what I wrote when The Devil's Rejects made the horror countdown (also lol I'd forgotten that thread got straight-up locked, think that's the first time it ever happened for one of these big countdown threads):

Ah, The Devil's Rejects, a film that seems like it was deliberately inserted into the list just to get me to stop talking about how Zombieland was the worst movie on the list. With all due respect, f*ck it.
I could be talked into another viewing, I suppose.

(Haven't seen Pride and Prejudice, by the way.)

Welcome to the human race...
I didn't pur this on my list but you know what I'd like to see up here? Spy Kids.

HEAR ME OUT. It does what it wants to do perfectly by setting up its own world with its own rules and is incredibly unique and even surreal. Top it off with great acting, you got a wild ride that's great for kids and a good nostalgia trip.
I think if any Rodriguez has a chance of making the 2000s list, it's Sin CIty (which cracked the Millennium list at #56) - then again, that was back in 2012 and I get the impression that people don't give that much of a damn about it anymore. Still expecting to be proved wrong on that count, though.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ok, I kinda messed *half* of the hint there's a three-way tie coming and half of the hint belongs to the one for tomorrow but what I will say it's that today's pairing has got to be one of the oddest, most bizarre pairings you'll probably see in this countdown
KEEPING IT SPICEY!!!!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Well, people. Remember that's what people voted for. Every single film that made the list is there for a reason, and if you ask me, that diversity is what makes these exercises more fun.

KEEPING IT SPICEY!!!!
Mehh, that was a hint, so it doesn't count I did manage to barely dodge Rookie Mistake #2. If you could only see the backstage back-and-forth between Yoda and myself

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Devil's Rejects? WOW!!!! All bets are off from this point forward. Not sure I can miss any other surprises like this. Just... wow! Hell, that kinda means Balls of Fury has a chance?!

A system of cells interlinked
I did see The Devil's Rejects back when it first hit, and while it was a clear step up from House of 1000 Corpses as far as direction and overall filmmaking skill was concerned, I still didn't really like it. Sorry Cap!

And now to ruin whatever shreds of masculinity I had remaining, I would probably like Pride and Prejudice, since I was just watching Little Women last night with my wife.

I'll show myself out, thanks.

Obviously that was my #1. Pride and Prejudice, I mean. Never seen that trashy-looking horror flick. Whoever voted for that crap should be banned from all future countdowns.

I don’t really like Devil’s Rejects but will celebrate any horror that makes the list. I didn’t even know that Pride and Prejudice movie existed.

I did see The Devil's Rejects back when it first hit, and while it was a clear step up from House of 1000 Corpses as far as direction and overall filmmaking skill was concerned, I still didn't really like it. Sorry Cap!

And now to ruin whatever shreds of masculinity I had remaining, I would probably like Pride and Prejudice, since I was just watching Little Women last night with my wife.

I'll show myself out, thanks.

I never bothered to watch The Devil's Rejects, because I really didn't like House of 1000 Corpses. Maybe next spooky season I'll finally put it on my October watchlist.

I haven't seen Pride & Prejudice either, but that's not something I'd consider watching on my own accord.

Seen: 2/8

My List:
08. Mother (2009) -#96
25. Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006) - 1-pointer