This review is for the animated film based off of the cartoon series.

I don't quite remember watching this growing up, but anyways, here's an honest review.

The film is about how a strange creature infiltrates Cobra's base, overcoming each insurmountable obstacle rather easily in order to get to Serpentor, the leader of Cobra. She turns out to be Pythona, and she seeks to help out Serpentor fulfill his destiny of conquering the world. They fight the Joes with Serpentor getting captured, only to escape with the help of some new villains. Golobulus is one (voiced by the legendary Burgess Meredith). He created Serpentor, and seeks to turn mankind back to it's primitive state using pods. Can the Joes stop them before it's too late?

It took me at least 30 minutes to get into this film- not because it wasn't good, but I guess I could see a lot of similarities between this and the Transformers original animated series television show.

I mean you have the good guys, Autobots, and Joes constantly thwarting the efforts of the Decepticons and Cobra. You have the incompetent second in command that wants to be numero uno like Star Scream, and Cobra Commander, and both came out around the same time by the same company (I believe).

Plus, I believe it shows the US military to be always good, and on the right side, which I think can be very far from the truth. It teaches kids to be patriotic to a fault, but I don't know- I could be wrong.

But once I got over the hump, I was hooked. Plus, it has Sgt. Slaughter as voiced by the man himself. My favorite line in the film is said by him...

"When I'm through, scuzzbucket, they're gonna scrape you off the walls with a squeegee!"

I thought it was funny.

This film was a lot of fun, and I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it, who was a fan, or even who wasn't one, but especially to those who grew up in the 80's (though, you have probably seen it more than likely).

Yo Joe!