2020 World Series

Tools    

And that's why they play the games on the actual field. Been hearing and seeing an awful lot of praise for a team that hasn't won a damn thing. Maybe the Dodgers still win this thing, but that was a major shift last night.

Also: For all you purists out there. Are ya getting closer, just a little bit closer to saying goodbye to the umpires? Can't you see they are holding the game that you love back in the 19th century? Why not make the game a little more modern so we don't have B.S. calls at home plate during the world series. Hmm?

It's 2020. We're still arguing about balls and strikes and missed calls by umpires that can be easily seen on video. It has a major impact on the game. Maybe when the TV ratings drop below soccer they'll get serious about some changes. Maybe.

And that's why they play the games on the actual field. Been hearing and seeing an awful lot of praise for a team that hasn't won a damn thing.
Well, sure, because the regular season is simply a better way to determine which team is the best. They play shorter series' for drama and out of logistical necessity. That's true of all sports, but with baseball the divide between the two is a lot sillier than most. Play 162 games in a normal year, but you're out if you happen to go 2-3 in the LDS. Oy.

They also probably should have won something (not this exact team, but the Dodgers of this era) but, ya' know, Houston cheated. And still barely won. So I kinda wanna pull for them for that reason alone.

So the Dodgers are probably almost definitely better than Tampa because they got cheated out of a world series? I dont buy that. We can argue all day about whether Houston cheated and whether the Dodgers are way better that Tampa but I bet we can both agree that Kershaw probably better win tonight.

The trick is not minding
Dodgers will look like the Baseball equivalent of the early 1990’s Buffalo Bills if they fail here. Kershaw not looking great, and I’m starting to believe he can’t deliver on short rest in the World Series.

The trick is not minding
Looks like Kershaw did fine. Odds are ever in the Dodgers favor now.
Yeah, I might be exaggerating a bit, 6 strikeouts isn’t bad. Few walks and a few too many hits early on, but yeah. Not as bad as I had thought.

So the Dodgers are probably almost definitely better than Tampa because they got cheated out of a world series? I dont buy that.
Nah, that was in response to you saying they "didn't win anything yet." It wasn't clear whether you were talking about the Dodgers (this general group of players) or the 2020 Dodgers. Which is why I included this bit:
(not this exact team, but the Dodgers of this era)
The Dodgers are better than Tampa because they scored way more runs and allowed way fewer. But better teams can and do lose in short series' all the time.

We can argue all day about whether Houston cheated and whether the Dodgers are way better that Tampa but I bet we can both agree that Kershaw probably better win tonight.
Indeed. And I'm very happy for him that he did! Guy gets a bum rap.

Game 6. Was told before the series by two different people Dodgers will win it in 6, and here we are. I'm not just scared but dread scared. I hope the Ray's dig in deep because the reality is they can win this series, and not just on flukes and errors. They beat some of the best teams in baseball, and are healthy. I just hope we give it 100% these next two games and if that's not good enough then So Be It. Just give 100 is all I ask.

P.S. I feel good for Kershaw too. Hes the best pitcher of our generation and didnt deserve that poor in the playoffs stigma.

Congrats to the Dodgers, special congrats to Clayton Kershaw, who finally gets to chase one of those goofy small sample size playoff narratives.

Great year to the Rays, who are a genuinely good (and super fun) team. Case in point:

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Does this mean Kirk Gibson doesn’t drink for free in LA anymore?

Let the second guessing begin. Was Snell pulled too early?
Probably, but Cash's thing about wanting to a void a third time through the lineup is legit, in a general sense. Huge drop off there. That said, when the next three hitters are 0-for-6 with six Ks against your guy, I think you have to consider that general principle sufficiently counteracted.

Snell was definitely pulled too early....his pitch count was still low and didn't show signs of slipping by just giving up a single. Should have at least kept him in there to try and get out of the inning.

Re: Dodgers. Yeah, that's the tough question: they were dominant, but how much of that would have held up over a full season? It's hard to say. But over the games they did play, they were insanely good:

I'm pretty bummed they were robbed of a chance to put up historic numbers over a full season. Now we'll never know for sure just how good this team was or would have been. They've been so good the last few years, though, that if they're similarly great next year I suspect this one'll mostly just get folded into the normal years in memory. I guess we'll see.