Random thoughts

Tools    

I am starting a thread for anyone who wants to post any random thoughts, musings or observations on anything. I was thinking of this when I made a recent observation about the Grammys, but didn't know where to put it. It wasn't really something that annoyed me
( like a thread we have ), more of something that surprised me. In a funny way.

And this is not really like the shout box ( which, between you and me, quite frankly I've never quite gotten the hang of); because here you could post two or three or a dozen thoughts in a row , that have nothing to do with each other at all. Just a sort of random rambling.

I didn't see anything like this on mofo when I did a search, so I'll take a chance on starting it. Just think of this thread as a sort of cerebral lint catcher in your dryer, where you can collect and display any amount of random fuzz, thread, lint, and maybe a lost button or two - and hopefully with a bit of wry humor.

So here goes - and to any future posters- welcome .

I was watching the Grammys and I swear I saw someone in the audience wearing a large piece of cardboard as a hat. They panned by pretty fast, but that's what it looked like to me- just the top of a head sticking out of a cut out circle in a big square of cardboard. This might make fashion choices for future audience members considerably cheaper- and flatter.

I had a recent craving for French toast but didn!t feel like cleaning up a frying pan. So I made 'baked ' French toast tonight, in a foil lined pan and it was very good. It did take considerably longer to bake than to fry however, I probably could have baked a chicken leg in the same time.

I 'm a nature and animal lover but I don't know why the bird people always warn against feeding bread to the ducks and geese in our local pond. They get fed bread all the time and seem quite happy.

I went to a New Year s Day party and before the real food came out, one of the guys put out a huge platter of pretzels and dip. I never even liked pretzels before, but I've been eating them ever since. I am now a pretzel addict. Glad I didn't make any food resolutions his year.

I like your idea some of my thoughts...

I am starting a thread for anyone who wants to post any random thoughts, musings or observations on anything. I was thinking of this when I made a recent observation about the Grammys, but didn't know where to put it. It wasn't really something that annoyed me...
When I first read your post, I thought the paragraph above said:...'random thoughts, music or observations...'

That's probably because I seen Grammy's and musings at the same time and so read musings as music.

I have a weird way of reading. I don't read word for word but read blocks of words at a time...and I'm reading part of a sentence as my eyes are looking at the next block. It's kind of hard to explain, but it does make me read fast...but it makes proof reading very hard! As I can't literally 'see' the small connective worlds. And that's my random thought of the day

Hi there... I'm new here. I was on another forum with a similar interface to this one and it also had a chat thread like this. From my experience chat sections like this is a good way to get to know each other and have fun

Hope to get to know you

Laundromat Etiquette and the penalties for non-compliance.

Welcome @Obscure Lover Glad to have you here.

Lots of fun and interesting people on board here, so post anything at all
(here and other threads ).

Your thoughts could be as small as a lentil (lol) or as big as a Laundromat.( heh heh)

My first random thought of the day is vaguely related to the above post by @rcleary171 :
l 'm almost out of clean socks, but I really don't feel like doing laundry today.

However, I do have a couple of clean 'mismatched pairs' left - who's to know?

I have a deja-vu feeling when I saw this site. I remember seeing it before while searching for an alternative forum for the IMDB message board, maybe in a list of sites posted on a thread on IMDB. So I wonder, was this site created for the IMDB refugees?

I think I'm going to have to buy a new brand of fabric softener. I noticed lately that my clothes are not so soft and they actually come out of the machine all wrinkledy.

They even changed the name - and I'd guess the formula too - from fabric softener to fabric conditioner. I don't need to condition my clothes. I just want them soft and smooth like they used to be.

The only conditioner I need is for my hair. Which is still full and lustrous - hope they don't change formula on that product too.

Such are the perils of ' new and improved' products - when most of us would be satisfied with ' old and dependable.'