Cars and your gender

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
In the tradition of our recent threads exploring gender issues....

My brother has just bought a Suzuki swift. I’ve held my tongue and will continue to hold it to his face. But I won’t hold my tongue here as I’m anonymous and he’s not a user. The car is, in my opinion, very feminine. Why? I generally think a lot of the smaller hatchbacks are. Why? Well I see a lot of women driving them...maybe the advertisements feature women...why else...I don’t know it’s a gut feeling.

Now do I feel the need to have a loud big muscle car to feel masculine due to some personal deficit....who knows lol. I don’t have that kind of car.... and I appreciate that a car to some is really getting from a to b. But! A Suzuki swift! You can get a small sedan. Like a Toyota Corolla sedan.

Strengths to him if he really doesn’t care but I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ll regret his choice...again I won’t say a thing.

Do people feel this way about cars? Do they have a gender? How reflective are they of our identity?
Don't get me started about Suzuki ****ing swifts. I've taken to personally calling them Suzuki Old ****s! Several times a week I get stuck behind some dribbling fossil doing considerably less than the speed limit.

It's the irony of it all, they are literally named "swift" but are driven so slowly. It's almost too much to bear.

Yea if your brother has bought a *********** Suzuki swift then he is a twat.
LMAO. I must be one of those dribbling old ****s who drives below the speed limit. What a twat. I'm bald as well. Next I will move to the UK with my bald brother and put a fish sticker on my car. *vroom vroom.

Top o' TE mornin to all of yer

Tallyho
Lol if you’re one of those drivers who takes 5 minutes to turn down a street...you know those ones who turn off down a street but pretty much go a snails pace when doing so then I’m blocking you haha.

@Larry, this thread is no more about cars & gender than it is about vegetarians & vegans.

Your brother has moved out & you miss him. To add insult to injury, he then buys a car without asking for your input. He buys this car with his own money, but, for some reason, you feel the choice of car should have been yours. You feel guilty about blaming your brother for all this so you blame his girlfriend instead. You can’t stand her & probably feel your brother should have asked for your advice before getting involved with this woman. I suggest you back off & let your bro live his own life with or without his girlfriend. The more you crowd people, especially siblings, the more they pull away.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Gee someone must be on a spree. Those posts are deleted. Curious.

Lol Larry. Don't block me don't block me.

Great thread!

ETA I only take 4 MI utes to turn a corner

@Larry, this thread is no more about cars & gender than it is about vegetarians & vegans.

Your brother has moved out & you miss him. To add insult to injury, he then buys a car without asking for your input. He buys this car with his own money, but, for some reason, you feel the choice of car should have been yours. You feel guilty about blaming your brother for all this so you blame his girlfriend instead. You can’t stand her & probably feel your brother should have asked for your advice before getting involved with this woman. I suggest you back off & let your bro live his own life with or without his girlfriend. The more you crowd people, especially siblings, the more they pull away.
Listen, some of this rings true. Definitely. It’s been very difficult living with my brother the last few years. There’s been a number of issues. Relieved that’s he’s now moved out but...regardless of the issues I miss him.

The purpose of this post was really to hear what people thought of those small hatchback cars. Ideally....people would share the same thought as me. I think of them more catered to females. Does that mean there less than a car or lesser in value....no. Just like lipstick is traditionally a female product.

So...if people did generally agree with me saying that these cars are traditionally a female type of car. I could bag on my brother privately...behind his back. Saying...see everyone (mofo people small sample but I could still say everyone lol) thinks they are a chicks car.

But alas we have strong and fair opinionated people here and it hasn’t been that simple. Now I can no longer say...everyone thinks that’s a chicks car...I can only say “I think it’s a chicks car”. Because honestly I still do. Which is fine if he’s fine with it. But I feel it was a poor decision and a pressured decision. But that’s an assumption. Time will tell I guess.

My late bro had a swift, larry. Highly regarded and highly successful professional. I just remembered he had one. I don't think the lamp post he wrapped it around at high speed gave 2poops about the gender, or color, or even what type of shoes the driver was wearing. Poor lamp post.

Maybe the women in Saudi about to be driving after all these years of lessons by men who don't want them to drive will buy Swifts. Might solve a few topical issues.

My late bro had a swift, larry. Highly regarded and highly successful professional. I just remembered he had one. I don't think the lamp post he wrapped it around at high speed gave 2poops about the gender, or color, or even what type of shoes the driver was wearing. Poor lamp post.

Maybe the women in Saudi about to be driving after all these years of lessons by men who don't want them to drive will buy Swifts. Might solve a few topical issues.
Sorry to hear that Dani...about your brother. This topics not really a big deal at all. Just wanted to see if people shared the same view in regards to certain car types and gender. But in the end, it doesn’t matter. I mean...if you’re happy, confident etc who cares what someone says about what you drive.

Sorry to hear that Dani...about your brother. This topics not really a big deal at all. Just wanted to see if people shared the same view in regards to certain car types and gender. But in the end, it doesn’t matter. I mean...if you’re happy, confident etc who cares what someone says about what you drive.
OH don't worry Larry. I was having fun reminiscing. I didn't mean to make you feel bad.

You ready? You look ready.
All cars are girls. This is established fact. Carry on.

"Hello, my name is Esmeralda. Be gentle."

"My name is Jennifer: Esmeralda, eat your heart out!"

You ready? You look ready.
@Stirchley: You've never met a butch before?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Amusing to see elderly men in Connecticut driving around in their blood-red sports cars with the top down.

I don't own a car, but I hate SUVs. If I have a free pick, then I would prefer the VW Beetle. Small, cute and can zip through traffic.

But, alas, it's more expensive than an average care here in India. It's worth 4 times the price of a high end SUV.

It is a tradition to call cars, boats and planes as 'she' in English. Although I still don't know why. For me personally a car of course has a gender. But different model or even color matters. So at 2020 honda hr v I saw the models that can be both genders. So what about you guys? What do you drive?

Well if you are in London, it is difficult to driver there. But if to go outside the country or drive in the U.S. or other places this can really be a problem.