Running gags in tv shows that make you grin

Tools    

I'm talking about a gag or sly reference to a theme that runs through all or most of a series or long running show. For instance, Jimmy Kimmel has a faux feud with Matt Damon, and he always closes the show saying they can' t have Matt on because they ran out of time. It s a small moment, but always makes me smile.
btw tonight is Jimmy 's 50 th birthday and I'm hoping they ll be some reference to (or from) long suffering Matt.
Oh and Happy Birthday, Jimmy!
Here 's a few more:

"- It just goes to show you, it's always something" from dear old Gilda Radner on the old SNL

Doc Martin becoming nauseous at the site of blood.

Munch' s conspiracy theories on Law&Order SUV, and Finn's exasperated reaction ("don't get him started")

Dave 's mom baking pies on Letterman; in fact, Dave's mom anytime.

Johnny Carson had an audience always ready to volley a statement like"it was so hot today" by a question from 500 voices in unison in the auditorium primed to ask "How hot is it?"

The look on Margaret s face when she caught Dr. Becker doing something really thoughtless and stupid. (And the look on his face when he got caught).

The quips about being a bad mom on Mom.

Any running gags that caught your eye and made ya smile?

Carl Weathers food gags in Arrested Development. Or any number of Arrested Development running jokes like the sad walk, G.O.B's failed tricks, everything with Egg...i mean Ann, and dozens of others.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I'm talking about a gag or sly reference to a theme that runs through all or most of a series or long running show. For instance, Jimmy Kimmel has a faux feud with Matt Damon, and he always closes the show saying they can' t have Matt on because they ran out of time. It s a small moment, but always makes me smile.
btw tonight is Jimmy 's 50 th birthday and I'm hoping they ll be some reference to (or from) long suffering Matt.
Oh and Happy Birthday, Jimmy!
Here 's a few more:

"- It just goes to show you, it's always something" from dear old Gilda Radner on the old SNL

Doc Martin becoming nauseous at the site of blood.

Munch' s conspiracy theories on Law&Order SUV, and Finn's exasperated reaction ("don't get him started")

Dave 's mom baking pies on Letterman; in fact, Dave's mom anytime.

Johnny Carson had an audience always ready to volley a statement like"it was so hot today" by a question from 500 voices in unison in the auditorium primed to ask "How hot is it?"

The look on Margaret s face when she caught Dr. Becker doing something really thoughtless and stupid. (And the look on his face when he got caught).

The quips about being a bad mom on Mom.

Any running gags that caught your eye and made ya smile?
My fav of the Kimmel faux Matt Damon feud was Ben Affleck smuggling Matt Damon in under his jacket.

Mine too cat- Thanks for posting that ! lmao Love the look on Matt s face when he sits down in the guest chair. Glad to see Matt s guest spot on the 50th birthday show, but this smuggle scene is my fave - -hilarious!