Miss Vicky's 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

I wasn't forced to being an ******* before they started complaining.
Your actions are your own, no matter what others do or say

Well, people's overreaction to my complain derailed the whole thread. I wasn't forced to being an ******* before they started complaining.
Now you forced me to pollute the thread again. Understood?

Like what is self responsibility anyways?

My actions are influenced (or even determined in some cases) by the actions of other people, nebbit.
I agree! No free will.

60. Heathers (1988)

Director: Michael Lehmann
Cast: Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, Shannen Doherty, Kim Walker, Lisanne Falk, Glenn Shadix

Why I Love It: I am a fan of dark comedy and this is a very funny movie. It also appealed to a certain fantasy I had to do to some of my own classmates what Veronica and J.D. did to theirs. And, uh, Christian Slater appealed to a certain other fantasy. He sure was hot back then.

59. The Sandlot (1993)

Director: David M. Evans
Cast: Tom Guiry, Mike Vitar, Patrick Renna, Chauncey Leopardi, Marty York, Brandon Quintin Adams, Grant Gelt, Shane Obedzinski, Victor Dimattia, Dennis Leary, Karen Allen, James Earl Jones

Why I Love It: It's fun. I'd rank it as one of the most entertaining (non-animated) children's movies ever made. The lengths these boys go to just to retrieve one baseball is both ridiculous and impressive and also very funny.

58. Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Brad Pitt, Melanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth, Michael Fassbender, Diane Kruger, Daniel Bruhl, Til Schweiger, Mike Meyers

Why I Love It: Christoph Waltz. The rest of the cast were excellent and the film is massively entertaining overall, but Waltz was jaw-droppingly great in three different languages.

I'm going to go ahead and post five now and five later today, since I didn't post any yesterday.

57. Flushed Away (2006)

Directors: David Bowers and Sam Fell
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslett, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno, Bill Nighy, Andy Serkis

Why I Love It: It's an animated movie about a rat (with some ridiculous amphbians and singing slugs). It's also a fun and funny adventure flick from the - rather odd - minds at Aardman entertainment, the studio responsible for the likes of Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run.

56. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Director: Steven Spielberg
Cast: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Denholm Elliot, Allison Doody, John Rhys-Davies, Julian Glover, River Phoenix

Why I Love It: It's Indiana Jones. I really don't think this one needs any further explanation.

Well, at least you've got Heathers on there. I've not seen Indiana, The Sandlot or Flushed Away. I think it's possible that I could like The Sandlot, as I'm a bit hit and miss with films like that, but I've no desire to see the other two.

I just don't see what's good or enjoyable about IB.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Pretty great run there Vicky. Not seen Flushed Away and not overly keen on Basterds but the rest I love. Heathers is great, Last Crusade is my favourite of the Indy films and Sandlot is a real childhood favourite. All would likely feature on my list as well.

Oh and as I was going through that batch I was thinking to myself that honeykid isn't going to be happy!

55. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik
Cast: Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis, Randy Quiad, Johnny Galecki, John Randolph, Diane Ladd, E.G. Marshall, Doris Roberts

Why I Love It: It's funny as hell. Don't get me wrong, the original Vacation is a classic (and the fantastic theme song and end-credits song of the original are great, too) but Christmas Vacation has always resonated with me more. This is Chevy Chase at his finest and Randy Quid's Cousin Eddie is hilarious as well.

54. Despicable Me (2010)

Directors: Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud
Cast: Steve Carell, Jason Segell, Russell Brand, Julie Andrews, Will Arnett, Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, Elsie Fisher

Why I Love It: It's so fluffy I'm gonna die! It's an incredibly sweet, funny and touching story. I cry happy tears at the end every single time I watch it. Without fail. Also the minions are hilarious.

53. Inventing The Abbotts (1997)

Director: Pat O'Conner
Cast: Joaqiun Phoenix, Billy Crudup, Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, Will Patton, Kathy Baker

Why I Love It: It's a really sweet romance about the lifelong and complicated love between a poor boy and a rich girl. Joaquin Phoenix is absolutely adorable in this and the rest of the cast all turn in strong, heartfelt performances as well.