The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm in the process of finding some new wallpaper for mine.

I can't leave well enough alone.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally posted by spudracer
Alright, here it is...running 1152 x 768 . Downloaded a few wallpapers, and I liked this one the most.
Spud, you've got Chicken Invaders too?

Nice!!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Of course, even had it on all the computers in my lab at the school for the kids to play, but had to take it off. They loved it, very addictive game.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Changed mine, don't like to linger on my own work too long, I start noticing flaws....This is an image from Perfect Blue. Very sweet movie.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop2.gif
Views:	474
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	329  

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Now With Moveable Parts
I don't care if you don't like it, Matty. Sanrio sh*t kicks ass. They have the weirdest stuff known to man...I'll show you a favorite of mine, but be gentle with them. Some little window comes up talking about some Japan mumbo jumbo, just close it.
http://www.ingram.co.jp/inter/nyanko/index.html

these are little cats that get themselves inside food items!

Some of y'alls wallpapers kick a$$....

mine is just an animated globe right now.... but I change it often.
Attachments

Name:	desktop-monsterpc-7-11-02.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	353  

Make sure your desktop is on the screen. Then hit the Print Screen button. Open an image editing program (like MS Paint), and go to the Edit menu. From there, choose Paste. Your image should appear in the program. Go to File and choose Save As. Save it as a JPG image somewhere on your hard drive. The rest is self-evident, I'm sure.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Mah sexy desktop :P
Attachments

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	373  

The Adventure Starts Here!
Og, what the heck are those outrageously fascinating little stuffed things on your desktop? The newest rage in children's programming on PBS or what???

Here's my latest (new computer, XP finally--I change the background almost weekly):
Attachments

Name:	lindaland.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	374  

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Pictures from some sort of underground Japanese show or comic. Not quiet sure. The brown fellows name is "Domo Kun", or that is the name of his type of people. I think there was a tv show about him, he appears all over stuff, sort of like an inside joke on the internet. I love that crazy guy! I think he's wonderful!Domo-Kun!

Originally posted by Austruck
Here's my latest (new computer, XP finally--I change the background almost weekly):
Nice wallpaper. Very Riven-ish. I must take this opportunity, however, to scoff at your resolution/poor eyesight.

Scoff! Scoff, scoff, scoff!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sorry. I need the bigger fonts, but I'd rather have the better resolution. I'm old, remember?

You picked up the Riven thing for a reason. There's a Cyan logo in the lower right corner (did you notice it?). This is a screen shot from their upcoming ONLINE INTERACTIVE Myst game, nicknamed Mudpie by its followers, but which is now just being called Myst Online.

It will be interactive around the world the way Ultima Online is. You'll be able to build a place to live in a neighborhood, etc., and explore worlds and find linking books, etc. etc.

It's due out sometime in 2003. Sounds fascinating -- if you can get past all the junkies out there who will live and breathe this stuff and dress up like Atrus and start talking in D'ni language. (I think Conan O'Brien should have that talking dog follow those folks around.)

Anyway, I love Myst-like art and threw this one on for now. I'll change it next week, probably to something stupid like one of my wedding pictures.

thmillin, I noticed you play Boulder's Gate. How far through are you? I'm actually at Boulder's Gate, but the gaurd won't let me in, Even though I have the Inviatation needed to get in! That really sucks... ...really sucks...