The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

To be fair I haven't seen a lot of the films you have posted. I've never seen Cars either.
Yeah but the highest praise you give most of the ones you have seen is "it's okay." I know you love Gladiator and I know you love State of Play, but not sure what else would make that list of 20.

Point Break is very fun. Think i'll always remember it as one of the answers that got me through to the Survivor 5 Final and forced me to make the heartbreaking decision between two of my best bro's Raul and CiCi . Just posted about Roger Rabbit in Citizens thread so i copy and pasted it:

I'm never quite sure what i think of it; as a kid i didn't like it much, in my early teens i liked it alot then in my late teens i thought it was pretty good but didn't like it as much. The most recent time i watched it i liked it more than usual but that was at least partially because it was the only movie commentary i did on this site; there was about eight of us and we kept straying into random topics, it was pretty funny. So yeah i at least enjoy it but i'm not sure how much.
You were in that commentary! It probably wasn't that fun but i found it pretty fun at the time and i think it improved my viewing of the movie.

WARNING: "Don't Look" spoilers below
Roger Rabbit is up against one of my nominations in a later set of the Animated Film Tournament and no doubt it'll win.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
These are some of my favorite movies from your list:
The Incredibles
Inside Out
East of Eden
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Heathers
Walk the Line
Cars
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

These are movies that I liked, but I don't consider them "favorites":
Catch Me If You Can
Se7en
A Town Called Panic
Return to Paradise
Tokyo Godfathers

These are movies that I liked, but I'll probably never have the desire to watch again:
Schindler's List
Waltz With Bashir
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I just watched Meet the Robinsons for the first time a few days ago, (for the Animated Films Tournament), and I really liked it.

And I saw *Batteries Not Included many years ago, and I remember really liked it a lot, but I haven't seen it recently, so I don't know if it would hold up on a rewatch.

Roger Rabbiiiiiiiit!

Extremely cleverly crafted movie
On release it was marketed at kids (at least in the UK), even though it's not a kid movie.
It was marketed at kids here, too. It really isn't a kids movie, but I watched it and loved it as a kid. My parents even bought it for me on VHS. I nearly wore that thing out. Of course, when I watched it for the first time as an adult it felt like a completely different movie.

I've said before, must be Robert Zemeckis.
He's got a talent at making movies with very adult themes, and gets a PG rating.

I reckon he's purposely mocking the MPAA and BBFC

Django Unchained
(Quentin Tarantino, 2012)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 97

Before 2012, I never would've imagined a Tarantino Western, but the director and the genre go together so perfectly and made for a film that was really funny and very exciting.

The Emperor's New Groove
(Mark Dindal, 2000)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 78

This is another of the films that got me out of my anti-animation phase. Such fun characters - especially Yzma and Kronk - and great voice performances. Also the only time I've ever liked something from David Spade.

Inglourious Basterds
(Quentin Tarantino, 2009)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 58

While some might object to its over the top violence and complete rewrite of history, I think the film is a great showcase of talented actors who really sunk their teeth into their roles, especially Christoph Waltz and Mélanie Laurent.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You are going to hate me. I like Django but do not love. Disliked Basterds. Haven't seen Emperors but I'll see it soon possibly.

I'm going to watch something from your 100 I haven't seen yet.

I also forgot to say that Heathers is another favorite of mine on your list

And either way, I give you props for doing another true 100. I just looked seeing what a top 100 would look like for me. I was looking at flickchart from 2016 going backwards. I got to 100 by the time I reached 1956. 1954 is my all time favorite year in film . I don't see myself being able to choose a true top 100.

Your liking Basterds better than Django is a recent thing, right? I'm almost positive i've seen you say you prefer Django before. Their right next to each other anyway.

Django is actually one of my least favourite Tarantinos, it's fun i think it is too long though. Basterds is my favourite Post-90's Tarantino, great film. As i said the other day i like Emperor's New Groove, funny film that held up the last time i saw it.

Your liking Basterds better than Django is a recent thing, right? I'm almost positive i've seen you say you prefer Django before. Their right next to each other anyway.
Basterds was higher on my last list, too. I go back and forth. They're pretty close to being equal. They're also the only Tarantino films that I really love, if we're not counting True Romance.

And either way, I give you props for doing another true 100. I just looked seeing what a top 100 would look like for me. I was looking at flickchart from 2016 going backwards. I got to 100 by the time I reached 1956. 1954 is my all time favorite year in film . I don't see myself being able to choose a true top 100.
I had a hell of a time narrowing mine down and I'm still second-guessing my picks. I suppose I could've stretched it longer so I wouldn't have had to make so many tough decisions, but 100 seems like enough.