85.37%
35 votes
Wide
14.63%
6 votes
Full
41 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Someone Save Us College Kids
Which do you perfer? Full or wide screen. I myself like Wide screen and use it most of the time when I put on a dvd. It gives it a more "in the theater feeling".

I won't watch newer movies unless they're letterboxed. I hate pan-n-scan.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Anyone who says they prefer "full screen" (what a fu*kin' misnomer!) should be instantly banned from this board and forced to only rent movies from Blockbuster Video on VHS for the rest of their miserable, tiny little lives.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was going to say, how on Earth can this thread be taken seriously, by anyone, at all?

I still here people talking about letterbox like it's inferior. I walk away from them without looking back usually. It sucks feeling superior. NOT!

Appy-polly-loggies
I like the wide screen soo much more just because of the fact that seems to give u a more crisp of a picture, and like they say you see more, and its true I watched donnie darko the first time I ever saw it on tape and then again on wide screen a few months later and I deff noticed a few things differnt!

I like widescreen better but i would watch fullscreen

Hmm...somebody voted for full screen, but didn't say anything. I wonder why.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think I've timewarped back to 1992 when this was a big deal....

pan/scan sucks, i pity anyone still using "full" screen

Back in the day, i hated widescreen.Now it's only widescreen for me thankyou.

But i do wonder why some widescreens are smaller than others. Are the larger widescreens still leaving out some of the movie?

Back before I had been properly educated (or brainwashed, whichever you prefer ) by forums like MOFO, I couldn't have told you the difference between Pan and Scan, Full Screen, Wide Screen, etc... Now it's almost comical how obvious (and terrible it is) when the camera scans over.

BTW, I see we're up to two people voting for Full... Probably did it just to piss of Holds!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Originally Posted by Escape
But I do wonder why some widescreens are smaller than others. Are the larger widescreens still leaving out some of the movie?
Not all widescreen aspect ratios are the same. Some are wider than others.

Originally Posted by Mose
BTW, I see we're up to two people voting for Full... Probably did it just to piss of Holds!
Yet neither will admit it to the rest of us.

COWARDS!

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I am a fan of Widescreen... I do have a funny story about it too! The first DVD I rented was widescreen and it was family movie night.. I put it in and then the movie started and my parents thought the TV was broken.. It took me a good half hour to explain that it was just a new format. It was pretty damn funny.

Randomly visiting for now
Widescreen is my preferred option, because.....it's so much better in all kinds of ways that I can't be bothered listing.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I buy all of my DVDs in Full Screen and if they aren't in Full Screen I use the E-Z Fit feature on my DVD player to make them!

A system of cells interlinked
Please OG, say it ain't so man!!!

Oh, and pleas ehave D Lynch release a region one WS version of Lost Highway, so I can toss my only FS DVD in the trash. Now full-frame on the other hand, was Stanley's game, and I'll play it with him...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I ain't gonna pay my hard earned burger cash on no broken movie!!

I actually accidently bought the full screen version of I, Robot and it physically pains me every time I see it on my shelf. It's not an amazing movie and to boot it's in full screen. Double Whammy!