Your Most Hated Music Artist.

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Pick a band or musician that you can't stand at all. And try not to choose Bieber, Minaj or One Direction because those are way too easy

My choice is these guys:

I CAN'T STAND THESE GUYS. A lot of their songs (especially that horrible Para-para-paradise song) are some of the most boring and overrated ever written. I can't really think of another band I dislike as much as these guys (Nickelback almost makes the cut, though).

Is that Coldplay? I don't care much for them either. I've always thought they took U2's sound and made it a lot more commercial and blah.

I haven't heard much of One Direction's music, but what I have heard doesn't make me the least bit interested to hear more. What do they offer to music except, at best, mediocrity?

Oops, you said no One Direction. Now I have to think of someone else. Shouldn't be too difficult.....

Chris Brown.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I cannot think of a musician that I hate, because it's pretty easy to ignore music that isn't to my tastes, and hating people you've never met isn't very useful.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Hate is too strong word for me but few years ago whenever I heard Bruno Mars,I got annoyed.So so banal yet some of my friends used to love him.

I cannot think of a musician that I hate, because it's pretty easy to ignore music that isn't to my tastes, and hating people you've never met isn't very useful.
Surely its the music that is the subject of the hate not the actual artists? I really, really dislike:

-Any artist that has been on a reality television television programme designed to make the record company execs and tv execs richer
-The Streets
-The Black eyed Peas
-Maroon 5
-Most manufactured bands like The Spice Girls or Mumford and Sons
-Most Rap artists who just sing about guns and their fellow african americans.
-Celine Dion
-Queen
-The Darkness

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Surely its the music that is the subject of the hate not the actual artists? I really, really dislike:

-Any artist that has been on a reality television television programme designed to make the record company execs and tv execs richer
-The Streets
-The Black eyed Peas
-Maroon 5
-Most manufactured bands like The Spice Girls or Mumford and Sons
-Most Rap artists who just sing about guns and their fellow african americans.
-Celine Dion
-Queen
-The Darkness
maybe what Monkeypunch was trying to say was to hate a true artist is sort of like hating the person themselves, since their music is just usually an extension of them. but i don't think most people would consider One Direction to fall into that category. not sure about Coldplay. i've only heard like one song 10 years ago.

i wouldn't include 'manufactured artists' as musicians myself, regardless of what they're considered, so i'm having a hard time thinking of a true artist i hate. i'm not saying it doesn't exist, i just can't think of one for some reason.

maybe what Monkeypunch was trying to say was to hate a true artist is sort of like hating the person themselves, since their music is just usually an extension of them.
Then that's a silly thing to say.

I find the music by Fun annoying for some reason, especially the song We Are Young. Always use to hear this annoying song last year, step into a shop and it was on, urgh.

I can't really think of anything else...

Some of these responses are making me a little sad. Except for one or two songs, I can't stand John Mayer, so no issue there. But fun.? Love 'em. Especially "Some Nights" and "All Alone."

FI No2 - you listed quite a few types of music there. What do you listen to?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Nickleback. I actually hate them and don't understand how anyone could like their music.

Usher. Should have stopped failing to make music a long time ago.

Ne Yo. Spend more time making a half decent song instead of crappy dance routines.

Pitbull. Words cannot do justice to how terrible this guy is.

Ok, about John Mayer, I'm wondering: Is this because of his personality as it comes across via the media? Or because of his music?

The thread is called 'Your most hated music artist' so maybe some people are focusing more on the person than the musician?

Imo, John Mayer is one of the most accomplished, versatile musician/singer/songwriters around.

His guitar-playing is fantastic, whether playing blues, jazz, rock, folk-rock, pop, you name it. His albums experiment with the same genres. I don't like all the songs in all his albums, but they each contain some really good songs. Plus, he's got his own voice; he's not trying to emulate anyone.

Check out John Mayer: Where the Light Is, Live in Los Angeles, in which he performs solo/acoustic, with his jazz/blues trio, and with his pop/rock band.