Recommend me an Asian action/gangster flick

Tools    

Here, There and Everywhere
Hey MoFos, hope you are all keeping well.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who reads this could recommend an Asian action/gangster movie they have seen and enjoyed. Some of my favourite Eastern films include Oldboy, Murder of Memories, The Man From Nowhere, 13 Assassins, Murder of Crows & Ip Man.

Thanks in advance.

Simpathy For Mr. Vengeance, Address Unknown, Twilight Samurai, When The Last Sword Is Drawn. Check out my threads: Favorite Korean Movies, Favorite Chinese Movies, Favorite Japanese Movies, Favorite Thai Movies.
That should give you enough ammunition.

Try this

I only have the first part (just called Battles Without Honor and Humanity) on R2 dvd and it's very good. Unfortunately the rest aren't currently available in the UK. Click the link to Wikipedia above for more info if you're interested.

Not to take away from the other films being mentioned, but man I wish more people liked Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, I feel like its criminally underrated and even prefer it to Oldboy.

Try this

I only have the first part (just called Battles Without Honor and Humanity) on R2 dvd and it's very good. Unfortunately the rest aren't currently available in the UK. Click the link to Wikipedia above for more info if you're interested.
Excellent choice. I have all 5 of the dvd's. The director, Kinji Fukasaku, is the Godfather of Japanese Yakuza movies.

Not to take away from the other films being mentioned, but man I wish more people liked Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, I feel like its criminally underrated and even prefer it to Oldboy.
Same here. It's a brilliant film.