71.43%
15 votes
The Prestige
28.57%
6 votes
The Illusionist
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Been awhile since one of these were done, I figured I'd place two good films against each other as a lot of them have been kinda one sided.

The Prestige

VS

The Illusionist

Both films are really good and offer a twist in the storyline that bring smiles to faces. Both, aren't jaw dropping twists, but pay close enough attention and you can spot them.

Both have an impressive cast with Edward Norton leading the Illusionist and both Batman & Wolverine headlining The Prestige. All three men give quality performances.

Then we have the class act actors Michael Caine and Paul Giamatti, adding...well, class to the films. Giamatti has the meatier role of the two as Caine acts more as an advisor, like he does in Nolan's other works featuring a dark knight.

Then we have the lovely ladies, both looking fine but being "the love interest" at most. Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansson. I preferred Biel's performance, even if Johansson had a more interesting role.

I prefer the Prestige overall, which is a more confidently made film, but that's not taking anything away from the Illusionist. Both are great, which one is better?

Suspect's Reviews

I've only seen The Illusionist once so my vote is skewed, but I went with The Prestige. From what I remember of The Illusionist I enjoyed it, but The Prestige does pit Wolverine against Batman...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Illusionist was an entertaining yarn, but the Prestige just has so much more depth and re watchability.

I have not seen The Prestige, but I'm voting for The Illusionist anyway because I'm a fan. I actually just bought the movie on Blu-ray last month, but I saw it in theatres and several times on DVD afterwards.

I'll go with the Illusionist as The Prestige at a certain point goes too much into the fantasy genre.
What's wrong with that? Did it advertise itself to be something different? Is it just your personal taste to dislike fantastical elements?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The Illusionist wasn't a perfect film, but it affected me strongly emotionally whereas The Prestige did not. So for that, I'm giving it my vote

While I think both are extremely good films, I fond Nolan's Prestige to be on a whole 'nother level.

I'm not a big fan of either but I picked The Prestige