Whats Your Faviourite Horror Movie?

Tools    

Me and a couple of mates are having a get together and we are making it a strickly horror night. So any recommendations, personally my faviourite was Holloween The return of michael myers but so far i like the taste of ppl's movies here so any recommendations would be apreachiated (except from bullet )

You could always look at the old threads that discuss this EXACT SAME THING...

[Oh God, that was so Holden-y...]

Slumber Party Massacre
The Return of the Living Dead
Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre II

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's that thing not too many people know about. It's out there in plain sight and still nobody seems to know about it. It's called the search feature.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanx Spud, as you can see im still relitivly new here, ive found that search option now and SC those are some good and popular suggestions i might just try some of them

Beware the Moon
If you are wanting a disturbing experience and don't mind subtitles. Try and get hold of Ring and Ring 2. Two films that you definately don't want to watch alone.

If it is just a mild night your looking for, then there is always the old favourites of Poltergeist or The Amityville Horror.

Enjoy

Night of the Living Dead
Phantoms
Rose Red
The Exorcist
It (I know, I just had a bad expierience with it in my early childhood.)

crazed out movie freak
If your into a suspence/horror movie I suggest a movie named The Changelling. It's kinda old so you might have to look a little, but it is worth it.
Anyone seen it around here?

The Future Ed Wood
logan i was going to say the ring trilogy too. they scared the hell outa me, i had to turn the tv off when it finished

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Beware the Moon
logan i was going to say the ring trilogy too. they scared the hell outa me, i had to turn the tv off when it finished

The hardest part about watching the Ring movies is going and switching off the tv afterwards. I didn't think that Ring 0 was as good or as unnerving as the first 2.

Dawn of the Dead
An American Werewolf in London
The Thing
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Evil Dead
Halloween
The Shining
The Other (not The Others )
Frankenstein: The True Story
Nosferatu

My favorite horror movie would ahve to be any of the Night of the Living Dead's (Romeros!)
The Exorcist (newer one)

The Future Ed Wood
i got the dvd of ring and one of the special features is to see the vide tape on its own. scared the hell out of me so what i did was lend it to my friends and told them to watch the video tape first. they didnt think the tape was scary but after watching the fil they were crapping their pants. what genre does battle royale come under?

Beware the Moon
Battle Royale is a different beast altogether. It is an ultra-violent tour-de-force which braces the confrontational attitude of Japanese youth and firmly forces it down the throats of the adult repressor. I suppose "Action thriller" would pretty much cover it

The Future Ed Wood
still an amazing film. top 3 foreign films 4 me are 1.ring 2.battleroyal 3.hard boiled

many of these films ive also never heard of, have they been out for some time? Aussies might not get them yet, but i shall certainly try them when i get the chance, i was surprised that people are still replying on this thread!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
You really should look to check out Bad Boy Bubby I can't recommend it enough to everyone but i've never spoken to another poor sod whose seen it...

...as you're an aussie, and it's an aussie film...

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000034868

find somewhere damnit, trust me, especially if you're watching with mates, you won't be disappointed

One of Sam Raimi's early works (He directed Spiderman ) called Evil Dead . Sure it sounds scary, but, it is really good, especially for a low budget film, I'm talking, low! The sequel, Evil Dead 2: Dead by dawn was made with more though and was a jazzed up remake which I like better for it's three stooge humour. The last one is Army of Darkness: Evil Dead 3 which is very funny, still a horror, a recomended viewing.

They really make your women feel needed!

crazed out movie freak
I know its corny but Nightmare on Elm Street 1.

No, it's not. A Nightmare On Elm Street is solid gold. Beyond masterpiece.