Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Throne of Blood

Kurosawa's retelling of Shakespeare's Macbeth. Beautiful sets, well acted, well imagined, and off course one of my favorite actors Toshiro Mifune as a physical dynamo in his performance.

5/5

Give me all of your candy!
Fat Kid Rules the World 7/10

Solid enough cast. Everyone played their part. No real standout performances, and it was very predictable, but decent enough movie. I will watch again more than likely just for the dance he pulled off when he got his drumset! Also did not know Matthew Lilliard directed. Solid B movie.

The Descendents

I'm still not sure what to think of this one. I'm a fan of Alexander Payne's films, and I think he generally does a good job of capturing middle-aged malaise. I'm not sure if this is less relate-able because the main character is immensely rich, but despite the strong acting performances and well-written, emotionally-raw scenes, I had a hard time feeling connected to the characters and the story. It might be because I find it hard to buy George Clooney as the character he plays, instead of George Clooney acting.

On the other hand, probably Matthew Lillard's best film!

The Mirror by Andrei Tarkovsky

I've thought very highly of just about every new movie I've seen the past week or so, with the exception of The Warriors (decent at best).

Life of Pi. I wasnt expecting anything good, but was left amazed. 8.5/10

I finally got this movie in the mail.

Often called one of Kurosawa's best and it is very easy to see why. The story of a warn down bureaucrat trying to find meaning in the last few years of his life. He tries many different ways, but ultimately succeeds in trying to get a park built. I love the way the movie depicts bureaucracy as soul crushing and a waste of time for those who just want a problem fixed. Passed from one desk to another where no one wants to help you out. I also found the end to be very moving when the members of city hall are at Watanabe's wake. Easily the best part of the movie. An excellent film from a brilliant director.

5/5

Not Enough Time
Smashed - 3.8/5
Forrest Gump - 4.8/5 (I've already seen this many times)
Hop - 3.5/5 (very cute movie!!!)

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Not Enough Time
Flight - 8.5. The shock value of the unexpected was a huge factor. Denzel can play ANY role, proven time and time again.
When I watched Flight, I was really upset I hadn't seen it in theaters for the airplane scene. Friggin amazing suspense. The rest of the movie was amazing too.