Bjork in Dancer in the Dark

Tools    

Eric Roberts also recently starred in a good low-budget pulpy thriller, kind of a modern hommage to Peckinpah's Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, called La Cucaracha (1998). First saw it at a Film festival a few years back, and it is now available on DVD and VHS in the States. It's worth picking up sometime.

And of course some of his early work, particularly along side Jon Voight & Rebecca DeMornay in Runaway Train (1985), but also his wonderful over-the-top stuff in Star 80 (1983) and The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984) - "They took my thumbs, Charlie!!!". Plus an impressive debut in the underrated King of the Gypsies (1978).

But in general, it's true his career has been mostly misspent in straight-to-video potboilers. Too bad, I always kind of liked the guy.

I noticed that you edited my post Mr Commissioner! I can't remember what I typed, was it blasphemous?!

Ellen Burstyn gave one of the best performances in the history of cinema - Requiem for a Dream.

PS: I thought Bjork's swan dress was cute, and her "friend made it." Bjork is an angel (or an elf, anyway).

Dude, that was one of the dumbest dresses I've ever seen. Wearing a jumpsuit with Pepsi bottles taped all over it would be "original" too.
This is me in August of 2001, predicting Lady Gaga.

You know... I bet Lady Gaga doesn't come up with all of that stuff on her own. You just predicted the future of fashion - you might have some serious untapped fashion designer potential in you. Bjork's swan dress was actually very elegant and demure for her at the time, but jumpsuit with Pepsi bottles -- that really is more Lady Gaga like. You could probably work for her and design her outfits. I predict that in ten years from now, you're going to be on Project Runway.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You agree with somebody from over 11 years ago? I wonder if FF has any new thoughts. [The post I was referring to got deleted.]

J.Roberts won because her acting performance was quite good and Bjork didn't win because such type of films don't win very often.Also,in my opinion,Bjork,as well as the film,weren't as great as people claim it to be.