The New James Bond

Tools    

I know somebody who can verify this story. She's my girlfriend, and she's a model. You wouldn't know her, because she lives and works in Canada. We made out a lot at summer camp. I don't have any pictures of her because she's not, like, into that sort of thing - she does it all day professionally. Her name? Linda. Linda Blondiestaberger.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

No biggie. You asked me to give you a source and I gave you a producer's name or do you think I made it up?
What is necessary now, for him to give an affidavit?
No more insider info from me. I'm spouting off way too much on this forum.
Time to put the brakes on.

No biggie. You asked me to give you a source and I gave you a producer's name or do you think I made it up?
What is necessary now, for him to give an affidavit?
Er, no, he doesn't have to sign anything. Just actually saying something on the record would do. Otherwise, it isn't evidence.

Here, lemme fix this for ya':

No more insider info from me.
There we go.

So John Morrisey, the guy who produced American History X, knows what is going on behind closed doors over at Bond - which he has nothing to do with, professionally - and even though this is so well known a rumor around town that you, personally, have been told and you feel you can go on a public movie-themed board and speculate about it, nobody else in town, meaning not any of the trade papers and not any of the media outlets, are talking about it because it's just enough of a secret that you are one of only, like, twenty people who know? But you shared it here anyway.

It seems plausible, but for some reason the others are doubting you. I'm on your side.

I thought Brosnan was good, much better than Dalton. I really like Craig now, though.

Hmm, if he was replaced, who could pull it off?

How about Paul Bettany?

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I thought Brosnan was fine, except for the fact that after Goldeneye the movies were just plain awful and seemed to get worse each time out. Had nothing to do with Pierce's portrayal of the character or anything, they were just dumb scripts and overall turds. That's his unfortunate turn with the Bond legacy, that they saddled him to bad flicks. I think Dalton, too, suffered in that they were pretty weak entries, in general. I rather liked him as the character, but two not very good movies isn't really much of a gauge of how he would have fared as Bond given more of an opportunity.

As for Bettany, I think he'd probably make a good Bond villain, but I don't really see him as Jimmy 007.

It seems plausible, but for some reason the others are doubting you. I'm on your side.
Appreciate your confidence.
By the way, the guy we are talking about has an office at MGM as well at Sony ( as he co-produces stuff with diferrent people ) and yeah, there are people in this city here (LA) that do know things that are not yet printed on some forum or some cite that everyone can have access to and that needs to be updated every week or so.
By the way, Skyfall was all set to go and MGM went down so had they recently not been re-financed, there would have been no Skyfall in 2012,
despite all the adds in the trade papers. As things stand now, you'll be able to see it in about 8 months.

I still say Bettany would make a great Bond, very realistic and gritty.

Maybe they could totally reboot the series, set it as very slightly futuristic with just a little speculative use of fancy tech, but tone down the really outlandish crazy stunts and silly gadgets, instead focusing more on character relations and the inner workings of their profession to make it a more believable espionage thriller.

I thought that's exactly (sans futurism) what the Craig Bonds have tried to do.
Yeah, I like that about it, but I'm thinking of something more 24-ish.

I think Dalton, too, suffered in that they were pretty weak entries, in general. I rather liked him as the character, but two not very good movies isn't really much of a gauge of how he would have fared as Bond given more of an opportunity.
Licence To Kill is up there with the best in the series for me. Tough gritty Bond outing with a great cast and some fabulous action sequences. I must say I'm surprised you don't rate it.

Both his outings as Bond were excellent in my eyes. I'm so tempted to get the whole collection - minus Skyfall obviously, on blu-ray... never bought a set of Bond films in previous releases.

If I was a casting director fo MGM, I would lobby for Christian Bale. Few actors can rival his intensity and when he wants to, he can charm any one. I can see him being much better than Daniel Craig and clean shaven,
that's a 007 profile.

who says 007 necessarily has to be a guy ?
OK, so I think what we have here is the first vote ever for Tilda Swinton as the next James Bond. Anyone want to second it?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swinton.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	8373  

OK, so I think what we have here is the first vote ever for Tilda Swinton as the next James Bond. Anyone want to second it?
[/color]
Not bad man, but she looks too much like Anna Torv in Fringe.

who says 007 necessarily has to be a guy ?
Only the creator of ther whole thing but let me see if I can conjure a Jennifer Bond for you. Of course we would have to assign her a different code. She can be 0069.

I'd definitely go and see that in an alternative universe! Tilda Swinton for the next Bond, must happen now!

Not bad man, but she looks too much like Anna Torv in Fringe.
Look nothing like each other to me, Anna Torv has a twin in Cate Blanchett though.