Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well I did start watching Spellbound at one point, but it honestly bored me that I decided to change my movie pick. I plan on watching it again at some point though, maybe it was just some mood that I was in.

Semper Fooey
Try Foreign Correspondent. It won't bore you. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it keeps moving and is very entertaining.

vertigo

I would say "Psycho"

My top would be like this:
1. Vertigo
2. Psycho
3. Rear Window
4. Shadow of a Doubt
5. North by Northwest

For me it has to be Rebecca. It's just so eerie. And the black and white really adds to the creepiness of Mrs Danvers. And I also love to perve on the late Sir Laurence Olivier.

Outstanding forum category. He was a true genius.

My favorites are:
Rear Window
Vertigo
Notorious

Bluray Collector!
Strangers on a Train
Rear Window
Vertigo

in order..

Rebecca
Rope
Psycho
the 39 steps
Dial M for Murder
Vertigo
Rear Window..

..god I love Hitchcock

Easily my favorite director. Here's my top 5:

1. Vertigo
2. Psycho
3. Rear Window
4. Rope
5.The Birds

Edit: It's so, so, unbelievably close between Vertigo and Psycho...

I think "Birds"

Right now this would be my top 5
1. Rear Window
2. North by Northwest
3. Dial M for Murder
4. Psycho
5. Vertigo

Just saw the extras on North by Northwest DVD and its absolutely a brilliant film and the special features are very interesting.

I've seen only 4 Hitchcock's: Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest..
I'll put Rear Window at the top... but just for now coz i haven't seen enough of his works

I've seen only 4 Hitchcock's: Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest..
I'll put Rear Window at the top... but just for now coz i haven't seen enough of his works
And it shall stay there!

I've seen/re-watched a bunch of Hitchcock's films in the last year and would rank my favorites thus:

1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo
3. The Birds
4. Psycho
5. The 39 Steps

A couple very popular favorites that didn't do that much for me are North by Northwest and Stranger on a Train, but one that I didn't like enough even to finish was Topaz (I'll give it another try some day)

Some good but not quite favorite ones are The Lady Vanishes, Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, Frenzy, and Rope.

There are a few that I'm not mentioning/don't remember that well and a bunch that I still need to see.