French movies

Tools    

A couple of good action ones are La Femme Nikita and Banlieue 13 (District 13).
Good choices!

Another good action flick is The Nest (2002):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280990/

Semper Fooey
I'm not a fan of Jacques Tati. Neither he or his movies are funny. He very obviously has watched a lot of Buster Keaton, but Keaton is a comic genius and Tati isn't.

Also not mentioned and more talented than Tati is Rene Clair.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think a little of Tati goes a long way. I actually prefer his weird use of sound over his sight gags. But he's French, and the French love Jerry Lewis.

Of course, Clair is better. He even came out West for awhile, just like his The Ghost... I've tried to highlight his dadaist classic Entr'acte around here.

really, did no one mention the bicycle thief? fantastic film. Amelie was decent as well. I'll second the 400 blows.

And at the end of fear, oblivion
I think these french movies are very good:

~Amélie
~He Loves me...He Loves me Not
~Dans Ma Peau
~À l'intérieur
~Martyrs
~La vie en rose
~L'appartement
~La pianiste

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Everyone likes Amelie, but I definitely recommend Three Colours: Blue and Hidden (Cache), the latter especially.

I do not know about your choice but i will prefer you A heart in winter made in 1992 by Claude Sautet.Its really superb and able to watch movie.