Cool Hand Newman

Tools    

I don't need a bigger boat.
I've just read that the end is near for Paul Newman.
He's at his home in Connecticut going through the final stages of terminal cancer. It's expected that he only has a couple of weeks left.

I'm not the kind of guy who usually gets all bent out of shape when someone *famous dies, but this one is different.
Paul Newman is a great man. Humanist, activist, humanitarian, thespian extraordinaire, philanthropist, all around really nice guy...
In his life time Newman has donated over $200 million dollars spread over a thousand different charities. (not kidding, you can look it up)

The world will be a lesser place without Paul Newman in it.
We will not see the likes of him again.
He is, and always will be, a class act.

My favourite Paul Newman quote:
Once, while discussing the subject of marital infidelity, Newman said..."Why go out for hamburger, when you have steak at home?"

* with the exception of Stevie Ray Vaughan....of course.

Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog
I'm not the kind of guy who usually gets all bent out of shape when someone *famous dies, but this one is different.
You won't find a bigger fan of Paul's than me - he's one of the coolest cats to ever walk the planet, as far as I'm concerned. But, you know...HE AIN'T DEAD YET.

Geesh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra