MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

I think we did this before & you wouldn’t disclose. Libra?

You guys are all nuts!
I love almonds (but have a feeling I wouldn't be able to afford the "Kind" bar).

Sometimes my supermarket puts the "Lance" bars on sale: a box of 6 for $2.50 - I only get them when they're on sale.

I love almonds (but have a feeling I wouldn't be able to afford the "Kind" bar).

Sometimes my supermarket puts the "Lance" bars on sale: a box of 6 for $2.50 - I only get them when they're on sale.
I’m clueless with prices. I have no idea what Kind bars cost. I only eat a certain number of foods & Kind Healthy Grains are a must-have. I eat some kind of nut every day.

So the Lance bars - what else is in these things? Are they nutritionally sound? I ask since I never heard of them. As a vegetarian, I need protein!

I’m clueless with prices. I have no idea what Kind bars cost. I only eat a certain number of foods & Kind Healthy Grains are a must-have. I eat some kind of nut every day.

So the Lance bars - what else is in these things? Are they nutritionally sound? I ask since I never heard of them. As a vegetarian, I need protein!
They're kind of like Peanut Brittle, but lean much more toward the peanuts than the brittle.
They're very hard & crunchy - I advise people with dental work, like me, eat (chew) them very slowly & carefully.
Not all gooey and sugary sweet like Payday, but probably not as healthy as Kind bars.

Lance Peanut Bar Ingredients:
Peanuts, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Salt.

I bought these on a whim one day, having never heard of the company before, and found them to be very nice.

They're kind of like Peanut Brittle, but lean much more toward the peanuts than the brittle.
They're very hard & crunchy - I advise people with dental work, like me, eat (chew) them very slowly & carefully.
Not all gooey and sugary sweet like Payday, but probably not as healthy as Kind bars.

Lance Peanut Bar Ingredients:
Peanuts, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Salt.

I bought these on a whim one day, having never heard of the company before, and found them to be very nice.
Well this year my dental bills are $3k so far (root canal, etc.) so am careful with brittle things.

Will try these. I’m fine with these ingredients.

She was quite funny in Minari, same in here. Sometimes some drop pearls from their mouth (this is a saying in my country), but it's obvious she was grateful for the award and very excited / emotional and she didn't mean that part.
Minari was an amazing film but last year's Parasite outperformed Minari. Even though Minari was more like an American film since Lee Isaac Chung was born in US and Bong Joon Ho is a Korean director.

Sure she did. That’s why it was so funny.
She did but she said it as if she wanted to add something more positive after that (which she didn't) because she was overwhelmed by winning the award !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LZO44_VFO59CNC

Here's a playlist I put together some time ago of my favorite scores from science fiction films. My only rules when creating it were that the scores needed to have some science fiction vibes (not feel predominantly action-y, emotional, etc., if that makes sense) and the score also had to be written for the film (which was why I didn't include anything from 2001: A Space Odyssey, for instance).

Feel free to recommend some other scores to add to this list if you can think of any.

On a side note, the score from Solaris is my favorite in this list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LZO44_VFO59CNC

Here's a playlist I put together some time ago of my favorite scores from science fiction films. My only rules when creating it were that the scores needed to have some science fiction vibes (not feel predominantly action-y, emotional, etc., if that makes sense) and the score also had to be written for the film (which was why I didn't include anything from 2001: A Space Odyssey, for instance).

Feel free to recommend some other scores to add to this list if you can think of any.

On a side note, the score from Solaris is my favorite in this list.

Have you heard the soundtrack for The Last Starfighter?

Have you heard the soundtrack for The Last Starfighter?

I haven't, but I'll watch the video tomorrow (it's 2 am for me right now). Thanks for the recommendation!

I was approached by someone in my church last Sunday. Apparently there's a program on, (streaming? YouTube? somewhere else?), and they're batting around an idea to do a bit of a "life biopic" of me... For now I've declined as I've got too much on my plate trying to get a book published, but I did keep the option open as perhaps a way to promote my literary work.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

A nice lady yesterday in Whole Foods with her small daughter who was running everywhere in the store.

In bare feet. Ewwwwww!

Sure is toasty in Connecticut this week. Thank goodness we got the AC put in the bedroom yesterday. I’m fine at 90 degrees, but each degree higher is very uncomfortable for me. My walk today was challenging.

I’m not complaining though. Any temp that is not cold is fine with me. 😎

Have completely run out of shelving for my dvd collection. Came across these on Amazon & two of them arrived today. Rather good. Each one holds 40 DVDs.

Had my first-ever gel polish manicure today. Didn’t manage to photograph my own hand, but this photo shows what it’s like. Nails look nice: we’ll see how long a gel mani lasts.