"Sampling" Music

Tools    

You'll definitely recognize this original bassline

I'm probably more ignorant of old music that the average person but still. Pretty fun website to see how many songs were "sampled" by an artist

http://www.whosampled.com/Will-Smith/

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
World Party - Way Down Now

Sampled from The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For the Devil

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
There's a lot of awful things happening in the world. Scat eaters, infant killers, people listening to hip-hop. I can understand them all but the last one.

There's a lot of awful things happening in the world. Scat eaters, infant killers, people listening to hip-hop. I can understand them all but the last one.
Minio, you're better than this.

You don't have to listen to hip hop, you've just got to watch movies.
Specifically men in black.

I don't think manyone just sits around listening to the MIB theme song.
Yup I just invented a new word. Not quite many. Not quite anyone.

Feel free to sample it in your future posts.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Nirvana - Come As You Are

Killing Joke - Eighties

Nirvana Vs Killing Joke - Come As The Eighties

The People's Republic of Clogher
Who would have thought that this:

would lead to this:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This song was sampled... Most people will say "I know this song, it's copied" when actually The Isley Brothers were "sampled" - great definition by the way Gatsby

Art steals from other art. It always has. Led Zeppelin is known for stealing from other musicians.That's not a bad thing and they weren't alone.

Sampling is just a new form of musical exploration.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Art steals from other art. It always has. Led Zeppelin is known for stealing from other musicians.That's not a bad thing and they weren't alone.

Sampling is just a new form of musical exploration.
It's only stolen if it's an uncredited sample.

For real 'theft':