Quote of the Day

Tools    

It's easier for you to justify bombing the crap out of a country in a so-called attempt to liberate it from oppression, it seems!
Uh, there's really no doubt over the fact that the Iraqi people will, in fact, be liberated. My statement stands.

Believe me, I have more important things to do than dance around the issues. Like I told Caitlyn, it's too complex to go into on a message board.
There is no logical reason why you cannot make your case on a message board. There is nothing you cannot say here that you CAN say in real life. Furthermore, if it's too complex to get into, why did you get into it?

That's not being condescending, it's being frank. I'm sorry if I touched a nerve!
Just because it's frank, it doesn't mean it's also not condescending. You seem to have it in your head that, if you believe something honestly, it's therefore okay. This simply isn't the case. You speak with tremendous condescension. There's really no way around it.

Originally posted by sunfrog
Why Yoda, everything out of my mouth is a conspiracy theory you know that. Politicians are never self-interested. Is there a sarcasm smiley? Where's your proof they're self-interested Yoda? Where? Where?
Uh, it lies in the fact that every human on the face of the Earth is largely self-interested.

Either you are purposely withholding real arguments, or you are simply uinformed and incapable of giving any real reason for your beliefs. Either way, you're only hurting your own cause with each post.

BANNED
Originally posted by Austruck
Ummm ... I think I'll unsubscribe from my own thread now...

(skulking off without even being noticed).....
Austruck, please don't go! We owe this thread to you and your remarkably insightful quote!

BANNED
Originally posted by Yoda

Uh, there's really no doubt over the fact that the Iraqi people will, in fact, be liberated. My statement stands.
If your statement still stands, it's standing on one leg and kind of limping and hobbling about, I'm sorry to say!

There is no logical reason why you cannot make your case on a message board. There is nothing you cannot say here that you CAN say in real life. Furthermore, if it's too complex to get into, why did you get into it?
Like I SAID, I'm too BUSY to get into it right now! Comprendez?

Just because it's frank, it doesn't mean it's also not condescending. You seem to have it in your head that, if you believe something honestly, it's therefore okay. This simply isn't the case. You speak with tremendous condescension. There's really no way around it.
No, it's frank without being condescending. That's all, folks. I have to run. Ciao!

If your statement still stands, it's standing on one leg and kind of limping and hobbling about, I'm sorry to say!
How? You've done nothing to even TRY to refute it. You've basically just said "yeah right!"

Like I SAID, I'm too BUSY to get into it right now! Comprendez?
So which is it? First you're too busy, then it's too complicated to get into on a message board, and then you're too busy again. However, you were not too busy to post six times in this thread alone during the last hour and a half. Funny how you have time to do everything except reply to the pointed questions.

No, it's frank without being condescending. That's all, folks. I have to run. Ciao!
I hope someone gets you a Dictionary for Christmas. Ciao, indeed.

BANNED
How's this for Nixon vs. Bush?

"I am not a crook"
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	nixon.resign.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	818  

BANNED
"I am not a crook?"
Attachments

Name:	bush.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	819  

BANNED
Or how about this?

"I am not a crook!"
Attachments

Name:	george-w-bush-goes-undercover-to-find-osama-p277.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	820  

So which is it? First you're too busy, then it's too complicated to get into on a message board, and then you're too busy again. However, you were not too busy to post six times in this thread alone during the last hour and a half. Funny how you have time to do everything except reply to the pointed questions.

My life isn't written very well.
My goodness Django, I think you're just being too defensive. If you re-read my first quote on the previous page--

"What distinguishes war, is not that man is slain, but that he is slain, spoiled, crushed by the cruelty, the injustice, the treachery, the murderous hand of man."
--William Ellery Channing

--you would see that this statement represents, to me, a protest of war. I think this statement by William Channing means; The real atrocity of of battle is not that men are killed, but that men are killing men. It's an anti-war statement.
So, I don't even think you're taking the time to actually read the posts or the quotes. You just see a quote, skim over it and automatically assume it's pro-war.

I'm starting to suspect that there are personal reasons for your protests. We have to face it pal; Your voice, my voice, they don't matter anymore--we are at war!

But personally, If Yoda is a rep for those taking the opposite view, I'm glad to listen and learn from him. You shouldn't assume that just because people support the President that they're happy lives are being lost. Show Yoda a little more respect than that. The man is as passionate as you are, and he has brains to boot. Besides, I know some people who support the war that aren't as restrained as Yoda. Heck, he's shown great restraint while debating with you. It's you that seem overly heated about something that's already happened, and you have no control over.
So again, I think there are issues that are more personal to you about this war than you are revealing to us, or else you, like the rest of us who think this conflict in Iraq could have been resolved another way, would be thinking about how we will deal with the future of this country.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Either you are purposely withholding real arguments
I only came to fight with you Yoda, not debate the issues. Why waste my time?

"None are so blind as those that will not see." -Matthew

And

"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions."
-Charles Steinmetz

BANNED
Originally posted by r3port3r66
My goodness Django, I think you're just being too defensive. If you re-read my first quote on the previous page--

"What distinguishes war, is not that man is slain, but that he is slain, spoiled, crushed by the cruelty, the injustice, the treachery, the murderous hand of man."
--William Ellery Channing

--you would see that this statement represents, to me, a protest of war. I think this statement by William Channing means; The real atrocity of of battle is not that men are killed, but that men are killing men. It's an anti-war statement.
So, I don't even think you're taking the time to actually read the posts or the quotes. You just see a quote, skim over it and automatically assume it's pro-war.

I'm starting to suspect that there are personal reasons for your protests. We have to face it pal; Your voice, my voice, they don't matter anymore--we are at war!

But personally, If Yoda is a rep for those taking the opposite view, I'm glad to listen and learn from him. You shouldn't assume that just because people support the President that they're happy lives are being lost. Show Yoda a little more respect than that. The man is as passionate as you are, and he has brains to boot. Besides, I know some people who support the war that aren't as restrained as Yoda. Heck, he's shown great restraint while debating with you. It's you that seem overly heated about something that's already happened, and you have no control over.
So again, I think there are issues that are more personal to you about this war than you are revealing to us, or else you, like the rest of us who think this conflict in Iraq could have been resolved another way, would be thinking about how we will deal with the future of this country.
I have shown a great deal of restraint and respect towards Yoda, a lot more than he has shown towards me, I can tell you that! I haven't been "yelling" my quotes at 5 times the size!

reporter, Yoda, I am way too busy to be posting on this forum, which I am doing in between my work. I really should quit, but something, some unknown force, keeps drawing me back. If I misread your quotes, reporter, again, it's because I simply don't have the time to read them carefully. Yes, I am skimming through your posts--simply because I don't have the time to read them carefully. Yoda, to formulate an adequate argument to satisfy your relentless intellect, not to mention go through a grueling cross-examination that will inevitably ensue, will take up more time than I can spare. When I have a day or two to spare, I'll take you on. Till then, we will have to put your project on hold, I'm sorry to say.

The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.
-Thomas Jefferson

Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state becomes lawless or corrupt.
-Mahatma Gandhi

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

I only came to fight with you Yoda, not debate the issues. Why waste my time?
Time has nothing to do with it. Your posts show that you are incapable. I wouldn't harp on this if you didn't relentlessly pretend that your claims have substance. The whole thing is stunningly pretentious. Deny away, but it's obvious.

Either prove me wrong or admit it. Any other response will most likely be ignored, at least by me. Ta-ta.

"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions."
I keep asking you and Django questions, yet you refuse to answer them. Oops. Accidental irony.

I love quotes!

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
-Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)