"The cowards and liars who have shamelessly attacked my character"

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Django seems to be upset that he's been accused of inconsistancy, denial and being a pain in the arse - again.

He's currently being a pain in the arse by clogging up another thread. Here's his latest post about what he percieves to be unwarrented persecution:

Originally Posted by Django/darkhorse
I just want to finally add that it is disturbing to me the lengths some people will go to defend a lie. Of course, it is perfectly consistent that these people defend lies with more lies--by discrediting their opponents with slander and defamation instead of defending their points with facts. If you don't have any facts on your side, your only defense is lies, and lying about your opponent by personally attacking their character is perfectly consistent with this general trend of behavior.

So, basically, as I have been saying all along, in my points about exaggeration and hype and distortion of the facts as a tool for cowards and liars, it looks like my points have realized themselves right before my eyes. But the point I want to make is that I am not, in any way, intimidated or scared by any of these slanderous lies. I have contacted Yoda urging him to remove these offensive posts about my character from his website, which he refuses to do. I have warned him that I will proceed with legal action against him, a warning he chooses to ignore, to his own detriment.

Anyway, we shall see. In the meantime, like I said below, lies don't scare me because the truth, the facts, are on my side. The cowards and liars who have shamelessly attacked my character don't have a single fact on their side to support any of their claims. That is the essence of the matter--hearsay means nothing when you have no facts to support your claims.
It seems he's taken particular offence to me criticising him, and reposting two very thoroughly researched threads which took issue with his profligate and bizarre behaviour in the past. [For 'legal' reasons, let's be clear that that's my impression of his behaviour, and of what those threads were attacking in said behaviour - IE: that once challenged on a topic he tends to fill up threads with poorly-substantiated insistences of his rightness, frequently impeding discussion of the topic in hand, and this inability to take reasonable criticism causes a spiralling level of pointless Django-orientated interchanges].

Anyways, Django, if you want to bitch some more, i'd prefer it if you'd do it here.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Anyways, Django, if you want to bitch some more, i'd prefer it if you'd do it here.
I'd prefer he do it outside on a downtown streetcorner with the other ranting wackos, and stay far away from this board.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Can a person actually press charges against this type of slander? *Does anyone actually know who the heck Django is?* And what impact would this type of "slander" have on his life outside of movie forums? Is it stopping him from getting work? Is it messing up his personal life? Is it spreading throughout the worldwide web? Is it in the news?

If it is confined to this movie forum, you'd think he'd just leave and never show his "face" around here again. If I <b>fealt<b> that someone was treating me disrespectfully, and it was effecting me emotionally, I would just leave and not come back because I don't have time for that kind of crap in my life. It seems to me that maybe Django likes to keep this dispute or problem going. I am not too familiar with this disagreement or argument between Django and other mofo-ers, but just from the sense I get around here, maybe Django is wishing for this <b>to be<b> blown way up...."taking legal action" over some "slanderous" words on a movie forums sounds like a sociopathic state of mind; or is he a little paranoid?

Arresting your development
So this thread is like a padded room with a litter box for him to poop in?

Who's going to clean that up?

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I'd prefer he do it outside on a downtown streetcorner with the other ranting wackos, and stay far away from this board.
Sure me too, but what can you do? It seems he loves to share (his endearing brand of homophobic-delusional-beligerence).

If the guy refuses to **** off, the least he can do is rant in the appropriate places. Consider this his soapbox

Originally Posted by gummo
sounds like a sociopathic state of mind; or is he a little paranoid?
Ain't healthy whatever it is.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last

I thought maybe he could just roll around in it

Female assassin extraordinaire.

yep, similar to what golgot says - it's his own little room of verbal upheaval that he may revel and revile himself in to his heart's content. no one has to clean it up, see, that's the wonder of it. Just close the door and ...

*whistles and walks away*

The People's Republic of Clogher
"On January 5, 2006, United States president George W. Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting anonymous "annoying Web messages" or sending anonymous "annoying e-mail messages". Criminal penalties include fines and two years in prison. Concern has been raised as to the Constitutional legality of the law, as critics allege that it infringes upon the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees every U.S. citizen the right to free speech." - Various.

I'm not sure if this pertains to your friend here because personally I often find it hard to get beyond the first, hysterically dull paragraph. I've seen such hilarious overreaction before: there was a fantastically narcissistic troll who infected the BBC messageboards for a couple of years, writing under the guise of a mentally vulnerable young woman.

I'll tell you the full story if anyone's suffering from a bout of insomnia some evening.

I wipe my ass with your feelings

There's this one dude named Anonymous Last...
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend
There's this one dude named Anonymous Last...
Me? I'm just a little invisible voice on this site, a dying forest with a glass jaw speaking to someone out there (any who cares to listen). Stretching my posts and using them as spoons to stir your mornin' cereal. I'm not the dark knight you're looking for. I have no power here...

I'm just the guy who says, I think you can...but I'll be glad to do my part.

I bemoan the coma of me.

Sorry to disappoint you. Though someday, good sir, you and you alone will soon find your super power.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
"On January 5, 2006, United States president George W. Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting anonymous "annoying Web messages" or sending anonymous "annoying e-mail messages". Criminal penalties include fines and two years in prison. Concern has been raised as to the Constitutional legality of the law, as critics allege that it infringes upon the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees every U.S. citizen the right to free speech." - Various.
I hate anonymous!

Even though Darkhorse may believe that his first amendment rights have been violated… this is not a First Amendment issue… and never has been.

Movie Forums is privately owned by Chris… which, in essence, makes it no different then his home… and if he invited a group of people into his home and then had a problem with one of them or even all of them (for whatever reason)… it is his right to tell them to leave… and if they refuse, he has the right to physically remove them or have them removed...

Now, Darkhorse has threatened legal action against Yoda… apparently for not removing a few posts he (Darkhorse) feels are insulting to his character… but there in lies his dilemma…

In the first place, Yoda is not responsible nor can he be held responsible for what other members of this forum have posted… but it is my understanding, that legally, everything that is posted, except for previously copyrighted material, automatically becomes his property… which means, as the board owner, he (Yoda) can delete, edit, or leave posts in full view for anyone to read… it is entirely at his discretion…

In the second place, I believe the thread in question is titled:

Time to re-instate the Django-ban methinking

Which begs the question… Is Darkhorse finally admitting he is actually Django? Thus far, to the best of my knowledge, Darkhorse has denied the connection… However, if this is an admission of his identity... Darkhorse needs to think long and hard… Django was previously banned from this forum and if he signed back up as Darkhorse, then he is basically no better then a thief sneaking in one of Yoda's windows…

Now I wonder who would actually have the right to take legal action in that case…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Bottom line--this is, by Yoda's own admission, a "public" forum and I am a registered member. I have played by the rules--study my posts and you will see that they have never crossed the line in terms of content. On the contrary, I have gone out of my way to be as sober as possible, so your argument that I am some kind of drunken loudmouth simply does not hold water. On the few occasions that I have lost my temper and said something inappropriate, I would argue that I reacted emotionally, as any human being would, under extreme provocation. On the whole, though, I am pretty proud of my behavior.

On the other hand, and this is my personal opinion, although I admit that Chris (Yoda) is a bright guy with a lot of promise, I don't believe he has conducted himself honestly with regards to the admin tactics he has resorted to in "dealing" with me (the "supposed" threat). Perhaps it may be because he feels intimidated by me in some way, which has caused him to overreact on some occasions (and perhaps I have overreacted too). Anyway, I really don't think he has been fair with me.

I am saying this in good faith, in a sincere attempt to resolve this issue on the board without having to take the extreme measure of going to court. However, that said, I do find the personally directed material against me that has been posted on this board to be objectionable, and though Yoda might claim that he has no control over what people post on a public forum, he is contradicting himself right there, because as forum admin and owner, he does have control. By allowing such offensive material to remain on his "public" forum (or is it a private forum in his house, which makes it even worse?), he is, in effect, endorsing the slanderous content on it.

Like I said, I want to resolve this issue peacefully and in good faith. I hope you folks can see things from my point of view for a change. Let's imagine that I or someone else on this board posted offensive, derogatory, slanderous material about one of you in here in bold, red characters in an attempt at a smear campaign designed to publicly humiliate you. Is there any doubt that you would delete this material immediately and ban the offending party? All I am asking is that you do the same if someone smears me. If you don't, it clearly means that this forum operates on double standards and, being the "private" forum that it is, it means that Yoda is implicitly endorsing the slanderous, offensive lies that have been posted on his forum about me.

It's a simple issue, and without becoming paranoid or overdefensive about it, I hope we can come to a mutually satisfactory resolution.

I feel like I'm breaking a New Year's Resolution by responding to this, but I've got a few minutes free, so here goes.

Originally Posted by darkhorse
Bottom line--this is, by Yoda's own admission, a "public" forum and I am a registered member. I have played by the rules--study my posts and you will see that they have never crossed the line in terms of content.
Under this username, yes, you've more or less followed the rules. But the rules forbid multiple accounts per user with very narrow exceptions that you don't come close to meeting. You don't get points for not technically breaking the rules on your third or fourth try, which wasn't explicitly given to you to begin with.

On the contrary, I have gone out of my way to be as sober as possible, so your argument that I am some kind of drunken loudmouth simply does not hold water. On the few occasions that I have lost my temper and said something inappropriate, I would argue that I reacted emotionally, as any human being would, under extreme provocation. On the whole, though, I am pretty proud of my behavior.
This simply isn't true. You have not in any way reacted "as any human being would." There are members that have been here for years, and most of them have never said anything the likes of which you have, let alone as often. They've been here longer, and been in as many arguments, and they've certainly been provoked, but they've never lost their cool as frequently or as explosively as you have. I'd love to see you find another longstanding member who can even begin to rival your track record of emotional outbursts. Go ahead. I'll wait here while you look.

If you're proud of your behavior, then you either have a short memory, or tremendously low expectations of yourself.

On the other hand, and this is my personal opinion, although I admit that Chris (Yoda) is a bright guy with a lot of promise, I don't believe he has conducted himself honestly with regards to the admin tactics he has resorted to in "dealing" with me (the "supposed" threat). Perhaps it may be because he feels intimidated by me in some way, which has caused him to overreact on some occasions (and perhaps I have overreacted too). Anyway, I really don't think he has been fair with me.
The way I've dealt with you has been staggeringly open. I've never declined to answer anyone's questions on the matter, and have made my reasoning for each and every decision public. The Django Saga (containing A New Dope, The Admin Strikes Back, and Return of the Djedi) has been entirely transparent.

Like I said, I want to resolve this issue peacefully and in good faith. I hope you folks can see things from my point of view for a change. Let's imagine that I or someone else on this board posted offensive, derogatory, slanderous material about one of you in here in bold, red characters in an attempt at a smear campaign designed to publicly humiliate you. Is there any doubt that you would delete this material immediately and ban the offending party? All I am asking is that you do the same if someone smears me. If you don't, it clearly means that this forum operates on double standards and, being the "private" forum that it is, it means that Yoda is implicitly endorsing the slanderous, offensive lies that have been posted on his forum about me.
I don't grant your premise. I don't see anything said about you as even approaching "slanderous." You've behaved foolishly and argued dishonestly, and that's effectively what's been said. You ignore evidence you do not like and have an annoying habit of diving headfirst into arguments you know very little about.

Golgot was calling a spade a spade, period, and he's allowed to have blunt, unflattering opinions of you whether they're fair or not. And anyone who cannot differentiate between allowing someone to say something and agreeing with what they say is simply stupid.

It's a simple issue, and without becoming paranoid or overdefensive about it, I hope we can come to a mutually satisfactory resolution.
I cannot think of any satisfactory resolution which does not involve you either a) leaving, b) being banned again, and accepting it this time, or c) fundamentally altering your personality and behavior.

Originally Posted by Django
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Oh lord, that's too good.

so your argument that I am some kind of drunken loudmouth simply does not hold water
Where did she suggest that? That looks like slanderous talk to me!

---

Djangles, do yourself a favour, and drop it. Your pride is hurt because you've been criticised in various ways. Until you accept that your behaviour is what has prompted most of the angry or sardonic responses you've received, there can be no resolution.

Litigation really isn't the way to address these things mate. Taking down the posts in question (whichever they may be - you've never really specified) wouldn't change how people felt about you and your behaviour - and that seems to be the crux of the issue:

You must value the opinion of this forum as a whole - otherwise in what way could any of the perceived slights be affecting you?

If you do value the opinion of the people here - the first step in getting a bit of love from your fellow net-heads would be... not to sue any of them

Originally Posted by Yoda
Golgot was calling a spade a spade, period, and he's allowed to have blunt, unflattering opinions of you whether they're fair or not.
I was so nice, and so accomodating, for so long, to young Mr Djangles - as all the regulars have been as far as i can see. But there comes a point where you stop accomodating certain behaviours - for the common good, as it were. (Just justifying meself y'understand - i don't like being beastly to the poor pillock after all. But i do think i've been more than fair overall).

King Kong is a very watchable, well-made film, even though I find it to be somewhat dated.

It would probably qualify as a good date movie... if you happen to live in Mississippi!

Witty.

IUnder this username, yes, you've more or less followed the rules. But the rules forbid multiple accounts per user with very narrow exceptions that you don't come close to meeting. You don't get points for not technically breaking the rules on your third or fourth try, which wasn't explicitly given to you to begin with.
I guess one of the benefits of owning your own forum is that you can pretty much make up the rules as you go along... I don't recall anything about multiple accounts when I signed up, not that it applies to me!

This simply isn't true. You have not in any way reacted "as any human being would." There are members that have been here for years, and most of them have never said anything the likes of which you have, let alone as often. They've been here longer, and been in as many arguments, and they've certainly been provoked, but they've never lost their cool as frequently or as explosively as you have. I'd love to see you find another longstanding member who can even begin to rival your track record of emotional outbursts. Go ahead. I'll wait here while you look.
So, you're saying that being emotional is being somehow inhuman? I'm sorry to contradict you on all counts--firstly, you can't read my tone on a forum, so how can you discern my emotional frame of mind when I post anything? Fact is, 99% of the time, when I post on this website, I am pretty level-headed. Occasionally, I admit to having posted in a hot-headed frame of mind, but only under extreme provocation. Examples of such provocation include having my posts deleted or altered by people with admin privileges, being personally attacked and insulted when attempting to discuss the issues, having my words distorted and misquoted, being antagonized, being ambushed with negative rep points for trivial reasons, having MoFo members blow up at me and start attacking me for trivial reasons... etc., etc. Please don't tell me that all of this has not been orchestrated by you! The fact is that your forum is a biased environment for some people. It's a pity that you can't see it from where you're standing, but is that really so strange? I really wonder if you are in touch with reality, considering the things you post in your own forum!

What is really interesting is that if you read the arguments posted by Django to oppose the Iraq war, all of which were so vehemently opposed by you, have proven to have been accurate--everything you said to defend the Iraq war--the existence of WMDs in Iraq, the supposed low cost of the war in human and economic terms, the economic opportunities supposedly afforded by the war, etc.--every one of them has been proven false. Is it any wonder that it appears to me that you are not entirely in touch with reality?

If you're proud of your behavior, then you either have a short memory, or tremendously low expectations of yourself.
I am proud of my behavior because, on the whole, I have kept my integrity and been honest, credible and level-headed. I admit that, occasionally, I lost my temper, but only under extreme provocation, as cited above.

The way I've dealt with you has been staggeringly open. I've never declined to answer anyone's questions on the matter, and have made my reasoning for each and every decision public. The Django Saga (containing A New Dope, The Admin Strikes Back, and Return of the Djedi) has been entirely transparent.
The "Django Saga"... witty indeed. However, your claim that you have been "staggeringly open" does not ring true. On the contrary, you have, in the past, been staggeringly biased, staggeringly underhanded and staggeringly mistaken on various levels. To add to that, you continue to justify endorsing all the defamatory posts that have attacked and insulted me from various quarters, all the while claiming to be a forum admin. Fact is, your only real skill is justifying and legitimizing your bias, your double standards and your frequently glaring errors in judgment. Get real and admit your mistakes, for a change!

I don't grant your premise. I don't see anything said about you as even approaching "slanderous." You've behaved foolishly and argued dishonestly, and that's effectively what's been said. You ignore evidence you do not like and have an annoying habit of diving headfirst into arguments you know very little about.
Okay, then, if you don't consider the things that have been said about me to be slanderous or defamatory or insulting, would you object if I posted the same things about you, Golgot, Caitlyn or any of your other friends? Give me a break, man! You have got to be kidding me!

Golgot was calling a spade a spade, period, and he's allowed to have blunt, unflattering opinions of you whether they're fair or not. And anyone who cannot differentiate between allowing someone to say something and agreeing with what they say is simply stupid.
Golgot was flagrantly attacking and insulting me in a very mean-spirited fashion. If you endorse that kind of behavior, then it only goes to prove that everything I have said about you--every claim I have made about your bias, your double standards, your hypocrisy and your detachment from reality is unquestionably true!

I cannot think of any satisfactory resolution which does not involve you either a) leaving, b) being banned again, and accepting it this time, or c) fundamentally altering your personality and behavior.
I think my personality is just fine! About leaving, well, that's what I am planning to do in any case, considering that all my attempts to raise anything remotely resembing an interesting issue continues to be met with hostility, misunderstanding and personally directed antagonism! Who needs that? I can think of any number of projects I would rather be spending my time on! My only regret is all the time I have wasted in here attempting to discuss valid issues with deaf people! But you know what they say about casting pearls before swine... watch out or they will trample you! If you reject me or the things I have attempted to say in here, it only reflects poorly on you! I stand by the things I have said in here and I am proud of them! I am proud of the fact that my words have always been truthful and accurate, which is way more than I can say about your words! What you consider to be a satisfactory resolution, again, is completely at odds with reality! I insist and demand that you remove offensive material about me from your website (which is your primary role as forum admin as per your own disclaimer--regulating offensive material). Like I said, I am attempting this communique in good faith. I don't want to litigate, but may well be driven to that extreme.

Where did she suggest that? That looks like slanderous talk to me!
You mean to tell me that you take personal offense to those words? So... in essence you admit to being a "drunken loudmouth"? I thought as much!

Djangles, do yourself a favour, and drop it. Your pride is hurt because you've been criticised in various ways. Until you accept that your behaviour is what has prompted most of the angry or sardonic responses you've received, there can be no resolution.
No... I can't accept being insulted and personally attacked in a mean-spirited fashion when I attempt to discuss valid issues. I can't accept you attempting to convince forum members to ban me from the forum simply because you can't handle losing an argument. It has nothing to do with my ego--it has everything to do with you distorting the facts--lying, in essence--attacking me with insulting, derogatory remarks. I object to that in the strongest terms.

Litigation really isn't the way to address these things mate. Taking down the posts in question (whichever they may be - you've never really specified) wouldn't change how people felt about you and your behaviour - and that seems to be the crux of the issue:
Believe me, it is. If you post defamatory remarks about me in an attempt to publicly smear me and ruin my reputation, there is every reason to litigate. That is exactly what you and your friends have been doing in here, so please drop the pathetic charade.

You must value the opinion of this forum as a whole - otherwise in what way could any of the perceived slights be affecting you?
Of course I value the opinion of the forum and its members--that goes without saying. I value your opinion, Yoda's opinion, Caitlyn's opinion--because I value the opinion of any intelligent person. But I feel disappointed with the way you people have been repeatedly belittling me and undervaluing my opinion. And I object in the strongest terms to the way you people have been personally attacking and insulting me. I find that more than offensive--I find it litigatable.

If you do value the opinion of the people here - the first step in getting a bit of love from your fellow net-heads would be... not to sue any of them
Cute, but irrelevant. I can value your opinions, but still litigate you for defamation and slander.

I was so nice, and so accomodating, for so long, to young Mr Djangles - as all the regulars have been as far as i can see. But there comes a point where you stop accomodating certain behaviours - for the common good, as it were. (Just justifying meself y'understand - i don't like being beastly to the poor pillock after all. But i do think i've been more than fair overall).
I like the way you make it sound so patronizing--as if you have been tolerating me in spite of everything. That is absurd. The fact is that although I value your opinions, I don't live or die by them! I take your opinions with a pinch of salt, and where I disagree with them, I disregard them. I appreciate the occasions when you have been civil, and I hope you can find it in yourself to acknowledge the fact that I am civil, agreeable, polite and nice to people 99% of the time, the exception being when I am provoked and antagonized.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Witty.
Thanks. (Though I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic! )

About leaving, well, that's what I am planning to do in any case

Talk about slamming the door on your way out.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Talk about slamming the door on your way out.
...and then opening it and slamming it again...and then opening it and slamming it again...and then opening it and slamming it again...and then opening it and slamming it again. Rinse repeat-rinse repeat...

I don't recall anything about multiple accounts when I signed up, not that it applies to me!
Of course not Uday.

...Please don't tell me that all of this has not been orchestrated by you!
Hmm.

No... I can't accept being insulted and personally attacked in a mean-spirited fashion when I attempt to discuss valid issues. I can't accept you attempting to convince forum members to ban me from the forum simply because you can't handle losing an argument.
It is all a bit mean, but it seems to be the last tactic available to 'change' your behaviour. At least if you're not here you can't annoy anyone, and they can't take their annoyance out on you.

As for 'losing' that particular argument, yes, i bow before the mighty logic of your 'tyre-slashing-is-as-bad-as-killing-people' argument

The above example demonstrates why discussing valid issues is next to impossible with you. You'll descend into the most farcical postitions to avoid ever having to reassess or decently-justify your weaker arguments. This makes it so much harder to advance discussions on complex topics.

I'd love to 'lose' some substantiated-debates with your well-meaning self, because that way i'd have learnt something, and i'd have a more accurate view of the world, i would hope. In other words, by losing, i'd win

I really think you should consider adopting a similar approach to debating, and even to reacting to personal-criticism, where possible. Otherwise, i don't see any other positive route forwards than the re-enforcement of your ban. (Yods's choices on the matter sum it up pretty sweetly)

If you didn't make everyone repeat this stuff so often, it wouldn't get to the point of being patronising -

It has nothing to do with my ego--it has everything to do with you distorting the facts--lying, in essence--attacking me with insulting, derogatory remarks. I object to that in the strongest terms.