"Harvey, show me how to punch a guy," and moon related itemicles

Tools    

Buzz Aldrin socked a guy for accusing him of never actually going to the moon. There is a big conspiracy theory out there that NO one has ever walked those dusty lunar planes. Here's the punch out article:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

You can read all about the conspiracy theories on Hoagland's page:
http://www.enterprisemission.com

...and some more of it from a personal, yet departed of this world friend of mine, Mr. Chuck Shramek:
http://www.neosoft.com/~cshramek/

So, do you think it's possible that the moon landings were faked? Shram has a point about the funky lighting etc in the photos... but...then again we don't really know how light reacts to the lunar atmosphere.
What about artifacts on the moon? Maybe the government is hiding something and that's why they faked (if they did) the moon landings... they couldn't show the real pics...maybe?

Ah, what mysteries we live amidst, people.

Read the stuff, lemme know what you think...

Well, it is an interesting observation that at some point both astronauts are in the pictures. So who took them? Camera on a timer? Maybe... the direct question was never answered.

My favorite online short is about this very subject. A little pixilated ['tis its charm], Evan Mather's Airplane Glue is one of the pieces that most inspires me in my own work. And trust me, the film is very good:

www.evanmather.com

As mentioned above; Airplane Glue. Watch it.

Well...

I'm not certain myself. I DO know that over Texas in particular (I've seen them) there was a period of time where black 747's were criss-crossing in low flight over many cities. You can see by some of the pics the patterns that were left by the planes. Since they weren't high enough to leave a vapor trail, people say that they were spraying chemicals of some sort. I've heard explanations ranging from a mass innoculation against ??? (something) to things even darker than that. I'm not sure what to think. I do know that with my very own eyes I've seen the planes. I've watched them criss-cross over areas and move on... I can't fathom what the purpose of that type of flight would be. I also know that on two occasions when the planes were over my area I saw two Blackhawk helicopters cruising up and down the freeway about 100' off the ground.

Seeing artillery like that is not uncommon as I'm only 20 miles from Ellington field (military launching pad) ... it's just that several months things were very strange over there.

Who knows what the military is up to? I don't... I just have to trust that it's somehow protecting me.

Edit: just caught that [wise one] statement....oh mighty creative one...!

Yeah; why would America want to kill Americans. Oh, hang on, let's attack Saddam because we can't find Osama, I'm sure not many people will die, George Orwell. Hmmmm. Kidding. Partially.

Meanwhile, we're all aware that Walt Disney was a fascist, right?

Conspiracy is fun.

Oh there is definitely more to the Osama story than we're being told. Ever heard of Tim Osman?

Tim Osman was on the CIA payroll in the eighties as an operative overseas. He was given carte blanche to fight against the Soviets, he was also an Afghan named Osama bin Laden. Do you really believe he can't be found? I don't. I think if he's found then there wouldn't really be a reason to continue with the war effort (the fight against terr-a).

I don't think Bush is at fault, I think he's a good man, but I do think he's being played a bit regarding this entire war effort.

Exactly. We're only going to war because we want to. There's not a need to do so. If only we would stick to our own little corners and mind our own business.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Exactly. We're only going to war because we want to. There's not a need to do so. If only we would stick to our own little corners and mind our own business.
I don't agree at all. Saddam should've been taken out a long time ago. You may not agree with the motives, but there's no question that there ARE motives. And they DO make some sense.

I should qualify my statement to say that "in the public perception, there would not be a reason to continue the war."

I definitely think that the war on terror is necessary and just. I also think that there are hidden agendas (or not so hidden ...uh...OIL) that will become distinct advantages for the US. That, however, is a by product. The militant arab factions are not playing fair and they need a reminder that the world is by and large civilized. I support the war effort... I'm just saying that the media does not tell us everything either because they are honorbound not to do so or because it won't help their ratings to do so. I've done TONS of research on the subject... I'm simply suggesting that everyone do the same before throwing their hats in with either side.

You know... I wonder if Bush is trying to dig a pipeline across Afghanistan via US military ordnance.

(The above sentence was typed with the typers tongue firmly planted in the cheek in of said typer)