Scream VI

Tools    

didnt they made the tv series? it was called queen screams?

Scream Queens was Ryan Murphy's Scream ripoff with Jamie Lee Curtis and Emma Roberts. It wasn't bad but it was to campy and not enough horror but it was watchable. It's getting a Netflix revival

MTV did a three season version of Scream which ran for two seasons with a two hour special months later. It wasn't half bad I would say it was between Scream III and IV in quality.

We then got Scream Resurrection which was the "black" version of Scream which ran for 6 episodes and it was terrible.

Scream Queens was Ryan Murphy's Scream ripoff with Jamie Lee Curtis and Emma Roberts. It wasn't bad but it was to campy and not enough horror but it was watchable. It's getting a Netflix revival

MTV did a three season version of Scream which ran for two seasons with a two hour special months later. It wasn't half bad I would say it was between Scream III and IV in quality.

We then got Scream Resurrection which was the "black" version of Scream which ran for 6 episodes and it was terrible.
okay thank you for letting me know

AHA!
Neve Campbell not being in this one was hinted at in Scream 5.

Just sat to watch Scream 5 for the 2nd time to see if there was anything I might have missed after I basically slandered it in my previous posts.

3 minutes in, the killer asks questions to the girl about the in-universe "Stab" movies... get the answers right, or her friend dies.

He asks about who the lead character was in Stab... she says "Sydney Prescott"... and his response is "Anyone could get that one right, Sydney was in all the Stab movies except the last one"

More meta?
Or just coincidence that Neve Campbell decided to turn her back in the franchise.

Ok, 2nd viewing of Scream 5.

Review:
I stick to my original posts: Bland, predictable, uninspired and boring.
Barrera as well as the new lead in Scream 5 and in this new movie as well is huge mistake. She's sooooooooooooooooooooo wooden.

I'll wait for Scream 6 to appear on cut price DVD.

The worst moment in Scream 5 was Sidney (by Neve) telling a killer on her phone she was bored and hanging up on him during movie climax with people dying and being injured all around her. Such clumsy writing takes me out of the movie for an instant.

Sidney was the worst character in Scream 5, didn't fit in it organically at all. It's good she's not appearing in Scream 6.

I actually liked Sam (by Melissa Barrera) the best.

Of course Scream 1 is still the best of the franchise.

So instead of meta-commentary on the spinoff, it looks like we'll get commentary on cult behavior and wider-ranged media influence.

So instead of meta-commentary on the spinoff, it looks like we'll get commentary on cult behavior and wider-ranged media influence.

Cult seems like a misdirect I think this is about ego and the thrill of the hunt

Shrines? Multiple Ghostfaces?
WARNING: "Scream 6" spoilers below
From the looks of it the final act takes place in a theater so parallels to Scream 2.... father of a victim tracks down the people that profited and took part in the loss of a child. Maybe a family of killers who were tied to an earlier victim.

EDIT: spoiler tags added because of a later post that seemingly confirms the guess.

I'm probably looking too deep into it but the ghostface in the shop at the start could be female because of their reaction/head tilt to the man saying 'You got a problem here guy'. As in why do you assume I'm a man...

I'm probably looking too deep into it but the ghostface in the shop at the start could be female because of their reaction/head tilt to the man saying 'You got a problem here guy'. As in why do you assume I'm a man...
I think this is definitely a thing. My wife and I talk about this sometimes when we're watching films, particularly those that seem likely to have a twist: the more people talk about a suspect or unknown person in gendered terms, the more likely it is they're wrong about it.

In other words, if you were writing the screenplay and you wanted to surprise people because your killer was a woman, you'd probably go out of your way to have the characters talk about "finding that man" (or vice versa) more often. Every time they explicitly mention the assumed gender it makes it slightly more likely it's the other one.