A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Also, what do you all eat or drink while Horrorcramming?

For tonight, it's a Troegenator Doublebock (strong and medium brown) and The Thing, a truly terrific movie, one of Carpenter's best.

While I still prefer to post on the 24 FPS board back over on Kateland for the time being, this place still seems pretty good, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I gotta say, if we are to stay here, we need to know the situation here. How solid is this? I mean, we need assurances.
20 years of assurance.

We are going to absorb them all!

Like The Blob!

I rewatched Midsommer and just kind of imagined Epistemophobia in the Christian role.

I'm a huge fan of Nordic horror.
Haven't seen much, but have you seen the Dead Snow films? They're far from great, but they're fun.

What serious Vincent Price horror movies do you recommend? I say serious because I've seen The Abominable Dr. Phibes, The Raven and Comedy of Terrors, each of which I liked, but I'm ready to see him in scary mode rather than funny mode. I have seen House on Haunted Hill.

I didn't post often in the old Horrorcram but it was a great place to find new things so watch, so I'll just tag along here if y'all don't mind.

What serious Vincent Price horror movies do you recommend? I say serious because I've seen The Abominable Dr. Phibes, The Raven and Comedy of Terrors, each of which I liked, but I'm ready to see him in scary mode rather than funny mode. I have seen House on Haunted Hill.

Witchfinder General is Price at his most serious. If that's not available, Pit and the Pendulum is a good one.

Witchfinder General is Price at his most serious. If that's not available, Pit and the Pendulum is a good one.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I thought that's what I was getting with The Raven, but as soon as I heard the bird speak like a New York cab driver, I knew I should have done more research. It's still a lot of fun, especially since a young Jack Nicholson is in it.

Haven't seen much, but have you seen the Dead Snow films? They're far from great, but they're fun.
Yes. I have seen many from Norway. I am a fan of Nordic cinema overall.

I have seen horror from smaller European countries too. Most are rare finds.

I enjoy other types of "horror" such as obscure German and Hungarian films.

I have a site that I use that has some pretty sick sh*t there.

Putting aside the "serious" label, if you're a Vincent Price fan, you must see Theatre of Blood. It has Price at his hammiest.

Have you seen "Dragonwyck"? Its considered a Goth horror. He's serious in that film.

Phantasm II -

The Tall Man is up to his usual tricks, but this time, Mike and Reggie do not approach his latest mortuary as Sherlock and Watson like they did in the first movie. This time, they go in Tango and Cash style. Along for the ride are Liz, to whom Mike is psychically linked, and the mysterious hitchhiker Alchemy. The things that made Phantasm a classic from the Tall Man to his undead minions to those terrifying spheres are back and the action features improvised weaponry on par with The Evil Dead's Ash Williams' handiwork. Speaking of usual tricks, except for a deadlier sphere and a bigger special effects budget, the movie doesn't reveal anything more about the Tall Man, his plans, his home dimension, etc. I'm all for a little mystery, but some more character and world building would have been nice. Still, it's a blast, a hoot and a satisfying continuation of the series.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I just watched the first "Evil Dead" on VHS, a great movie to watch in that format, it looks and feels the way it's supposed to!

Overall funny and scary. The greatest part being what their girlfriends turn into.

Hello, Rock here. I too am seeking refuge with my former RT/Corrierino countrymen.

I am fresh off of a second viewing of White Zombie, which I quite liked the first time I saw it and enjoyed it even more the second time around. It reminded me of Vampyr in how it exists in an eerie dream state between silent and sound film. Bela Lugosi's performance has a way of getting under your skin. Has any other actor used his otherness to such unsettling effect?

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Welcome new people. I'm trying to work my way through a stack of public library rentals and still view streaming choices before October ends.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

Victim of The Night
I am here.
The Horrorcram lives and my cold heart is warmed.
Wonderful to see you all again.