The Criterion Club....club

Tools    

Luckily I've seen most of the big stuff leaving this month. I've never seen Woodstock though, so I might try to catch that.

Anyway, anything that encourages Criterion love I'm all for. A service that has Doris Wishman and Fellini is a service to be cherished.

I just watched Woodstock (it's one of my favourites) and was kinda annoyed that they changed the music during the end credits.

I just watched Woodstock (it's one of my favourites) and was kinda annoyed that they changed the music during the end credits.
Some kind of rights issue, I assume? Music rights are the bane of film.

Some kind of rights issue, I assume? Music rights are the bane of film.

That would be my guess as well. I find it odd that they couldn't get the rights to a song called Woodstock by CNSY in a film called Woodstock starring Crosby, Stills and Nash.

As far as I know, that's the only change.

Most of the Romy Schneider films are leaving this month. If nothing else, Zulawski's The Most Important Thing: Love deserves a viewing cause Stone Cold said so.

"No results for sudz sutherland"

A pity. Sudz is an inspired African filmmaker.

The trick is not minding
So many good films leaving at the end of March. Godard is slowly being phased out it seems.

Focusing on these for now, will add a few others but for now:

Alphaville
A Woman is a Woman
Maelstrom
The Headless Woman
3 Women
August 32 on Earth
Dracula, pages from the Virgin’s Diary
Raining in the Mountain
Fascination

I wish I could access this channel in the UK. I'll have to settle for my DVDs instead.

Also answers to Jabba
I wish I could access this channel in the UK. I'll have to settle for my DVDs instead.
You most definitely can. You only need to use a VPN once during registration.

I am VERY excited to see that they will be uploading a (hopefully) nice stream of Suspiria next month. I have only seen various free versions online, with annoying ads.

Still need to watch the rest of Roger Corman's Poe movies...

I can’t wait to see what horror films are added to the lineup for October.

Yeah, I can't really imagine they'll continue the trend of decades-based horror and do 90s horror, because... 90s horror.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I can't really imagine they'll continue the trend of decades-based horror and do 90s horror, because... 90s horror.
Has that been their trend? I only starting subscribing last year.
Yeah….we can just skip the 90’s.

Has that been their trend? I only starting subscribing last year.
Yeah….we can just skip the 90’s.

I can't remember if they did anything three years ago, but two years ago was 70s horror and I think one other horror collection (maybe it was the year where they had horror directed by women.)
Last year was 80s horror and vampires.