The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Things I have on my to play list as of now:

Final Fantasy XV (currently playing)
Ratchet & Clank (2016) (currently playing)
Mafia III
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (currently playing)
Batman: The Telltale Series (currently playing)
Limbo
Tales from the Borderlands
Kirby: Planet Robobot

I bought/received way too many games during the holidays. I want to rent Resident Evil 7 really bad, but I have too much on my plate as of now.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

People brought up on 2D platformers, I bet.
....are the true Gamer Master Race.

I need to play that Castlevania game.

I'm sure there will be a pristine copy of RE VII with codes popping up on ebay soon.

The early Let's Plays of Horizon are very disappointing . Not because it looks or plays bad, but because it looks like Witcher / Skyrim v.2 .

I'm sure somebody will like it, but it sucks to not be excited about the mega-flagship-tentpole exclusive of the year. What a snowflake.

....are the true Gamer Master Race.

I need to play that Castlevania game.

I'm sure there will be a pristine copy of RE VII with codes popping up on ebay soon.
It's great, but I'm more of a fan of traditional platformers, Super Castlevania IV is still the best. I always get stuck on these damn "Metroidvania" games. I recently played almost all of Super Metroid, and gave up spontaneously. If I don't pick it back up again soon the same is going to happen with Castlevania.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The early Let's Plays of Horizon are very disappointing . Not because it looks or plays bad, but because it looks like Witcher / Skyrim v.2 .

I'm sure somebody will like it, but it sucks to not be excited about the mega-flagship-tentpole exclusive of the year. What a snowflake.

It'll get at least 9s from gamespot and ign o bet. Have you played some?

It'll get at least 9s from gamespot and ign o bet. Have you played some?
I watched Greg Millers. Per Sony it had to be 20 mins or less, with no block of footage more than 5 mins.

It looked exactly like the Witcher gameplay with awkward Bethesda face-to-face conversations, complete with space eyes and floating teeth and a twist of rpg-lite

I'm sure it will be good and that I would enjoy it, I'm just moving away from time-sink games.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Anyone still playing Fallout 4? Yoda might not even be these days, but I was interested to see if anyone had experience with the new PC patch.

All 58GB (and with their requirements of a hex core i7 and 1080 GPU) of it....

Bethesda, this is just silly. Instead of rolling out something that probably 1% of your customer base can run adequately, how about making your RPG, y'know, more of an RPG?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh god what. I was going to finally give it a go soon. Is that for real?

As far as I know it's an optional HD (or UHD) texture pack. They did the same eventually for Skyrim but that was only a few GBs .... and totally nullified by many earlier texture mods.

Oh ok optional, phew! I don't have that many corners of my harddrive left to clear out!

(Witcher 3 still sits there saying: Finish meeee. Finish meeee. There's an opaque flagon down a well to be found. And a cat-witch called Fezmerelda who'll clean you with her tongue. She's 92 you know. Finish meeeee)

I'm approaching the final stretch - finished up with Dungiven/Keady/Skellige the other night - on my PS4 Witcher playthrough, in search of the cannon 'good' ending.

Do I have to disarm a nuke to obtain a hexcore?

Hope you enjoy Deus Ex. The series is being put on the shelf in favor of Tomb Raider.
Yeah I hope so too - I started on Human Revolution, and while it didnt let you veer off storyline to explore, I thought it was conceptually well done. I hear talk tho, that this one is worse, and so bad that its the ... *gasp* .. last one?

It's heartening to see the amount of good, normal people here who use their controllers properly.... but I know an awful lot of weirdos folks who don't invert their Y.

People brought up on 2D platformers, I bet.
Hey! I dont invert my Y. At least I dont think so. But I've yet to hook up a controller to my PC, so Im the girl mashing the keyboard. In fact, Im missing a few keys from my gaming laptop now, so I finally went out and bought a keyboard/mouse wireless combo to save me from destroying any other keys! LOL

Anyone still playing Fallout 4? Yoda might not even be these days, but I was interested to see if anyone had experience with the new PC patch.

All 58GB (and with their requirements of a hex core i7 and 1080 GPU) of it....

Bethesda, this is just silly. Instead of rolling out something that probably 1% of your customer base can run adequately, how about making your RPG, y'know, more of an RPG?
I havent even played it yet. I was waiting for a complete version with all or most mods to be out. I have an i7 quad core, but my graphics are nVidia GTX 765 on a gaming ROG. Man...... that sucks. Who needs 58GBs??? Witcher 3 did it with less. Oh Bethesda.

Yeah I hope so too - I started on Human Revolution, and while it didnt let you veer off storyline to explore, I thought it was conceptually well done. I hear talk tho, that this one is worse, and so bad that its the ... *gasp* .. last one?
I think the game is too much fun to call bad, but I'm a sucker for stealth action games (ye olde Deus Ex is my favorite). People were disappointed with the story in MD, but the gameplay is an improvement. The narrative is mainly just convoluted cyberpunk stuffs with an overabundance of character names that you have to keep up with. Human Revolution didn't have a great story either though IMO.

There were some bright spots in the last Deus Ex. The club infilitration being one.

7.3 - not enough air ducts

Hey! I dont invert my Y.
Weirdo!

At least I dont think so
Possible weirdo!

Was your earliest experiences with games with gamepad or joystick? I'm thinking there are a lot more olds like me who are inverts, and we started off with a joystick.

A Quickshot 2, yesterday.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Bought Shadow Warrior, 90% off. I'm at 6th chapter at this point and I must say, it's a well made action packed game, i'm not big fan of fps genre, but this one is fun and exciting, runs smoothly with few loading screens. Blood and cutting legs, arms and heads also helps, story is interesting enough and I think there is a big twist coming up. It's funny, dialog is well done... I doubt I would get it at full price - 35e - but for anything less than 20 its well worth it, and all of this is again coming from someone who is not a big fan of the genre. You have weapon upgrades, skills and power upgrades, so you can customize your character to a certain point. There are just few things I dislike here, you find a new weapon every few chapters, and you keep all of them, so at this point I have katana, gun, uzi, crossbow and a shotgun, honestly... I use katana most of the time, gun when I need a long distance shot or something to explode, I used uzi just a few times when big groups attack, even then you can cut them down with katana. Used crossbow just once and shotgun never. I think smarter option would be to have some kind of a shop or upgrades that will let you chose what weapons you carry.

Update: Other weapons get useful near the end.

Hey whataya know, a part that happened in the first hour that I can recognize...

I'm showing restraint so far. I haven't put on the green dress yet