Fantastic Beasts 3 - Depp Out!!!

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"Warner Bros. boots Johnny Depp from Fantastic Beasts franchise, announces plans to recast Grindelwald"

https://news.avclub.com/warner-bros-...-fr-1845595669

I actually liked his performance in the second film, but the film itself was terrible.

Suspect's Reviews

The truth is in here
Haven't seen either Fantastic Beasts film, but this is certainly peculiar. I wonder if they kicked him due to the accusations (even though he insists that they are false) or because they weren't satisfied with his performance.

Nevertheless, I'm more interested in the dramatic roles he's taken on, since I feel that's where he excels the most. His performances in Ed Wood and Donnie Brasco are amazing, hell to actually live up to Pacino's turn in Brasco is impressive by itself. The Professor looks promising.

So the cancel culture wins again, because a battered husband lost a libel case... against a UK newspaper that is renowned for being sued for libel cases.

Amazeballs.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So the cancel culture wins again, because a battered husband lost a libel case... against a UK newspaper that is renowned for being sued for libel cases.

Amazeballs.
I'll be interested to see what happens with Heard's career now seeing as the public hate her.

Is that why? I mean, battered or not, the stuff that's coming out in that trial makes them both look bad. They don't really care if he just looks better than her. He seems like a mess, regardless of fault, and that's reason enough to cut ties, for a children's series.

Shocking, I am ashamed this happened in a UK court after hearing all the information, as Depps lawyer said the verdict was baffling and surreal..

Would never watch a film that came from the mind of idiot JK Rowling and no surprise Johnny was let down there too
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Is that why? I mean, battered or not, the stuff that's coming out in that trial makes them both look bad. They don't really care if he just looks better than her. He seems like a mess, regardless of fault, and that's reason enough to cut ties, for a children's series.
It has to be why, I don't think Warner Bros have came out and actually said why they cut ties though. There's also the timing of it, the week of the verdict.

Agreed they both look bad, but who knows what Depps drug and alcohol issues have been like for the past few years. He wouldn't be the first actor/actress or artist to have drug and alcohol issues.

My understanding is that JK Rowling fought his corner with the Studio, as she believed him, and so did they I guess, and they see this wrongful (imo) verdict as evidence that their faith was misplaced, and that he is a wife beater.

For "why" I meant "because he was battered." It's obviously related to the case, but I assume it's related to all the awful stuff that came out about him during it. He seems unstable. Maybe that's not his fault (or entirely his fault), and maybe Heard is worse, but if you're Warner Bros. you don't really care, you just care that this guy's a wreck. It's the simplest explanation, at least.

For "why" I meant "because he was battered." It's obviously related to the case, but I assume it's related to all the awful stuff that came out about him during it. He seems unstable. Maybe that's not his fault (or entirely his fault), and maybe Heard is worse, but if you're Warner Bros. you don't really care, you just care that this guy's a wreck. It's the simplest explanation, at least.
Maybe you are right, and I'm getting into speculation here but he could have been living a clean life post Heard. Another counter would be that a lot of what came out in the trial was nothing new, and they still hired Depp to be Grindlewald, the only change being the damning Court verdict. When I say counter I mean to the theory that WB got rid of Depp for being a wreck.

Yeah. It's sad all around. Doesn't help that he's probably really expensive, too, and probably not super crucial to the success of the franchise, so it doesn't take much bad press for cutting ties to make sense. The whole situation is really awful.

Yea to add to that expensive point, the last one was kind of crap and didn't do all that well, with all that's going on who knows if there will even be a 4th.

I think post Weinstein there's a bit of fear now too, even a hint of a powerful male abusing a female and its knee jerk safety first course if action policy.

Shocking, I am ashamed this happened in a UK court after hearing all the information, as Depps lawyer said the verdict was baffling and surreal..

Would never watch a film that came from the mind of idiot JK Rowling and no surprise Johnny was let down there too

I won't be surprised if Rowling would be asked to step aside or not be part of the movie's promotion going forward, because of her views on the trans issue. A lot of people at her publisher, Hachette, tried to deplatform here. I should add that if people really cared for the nuance, then they would understand she wasn't speaking against trans people, but more about erasure of women and their rights, but that's a different debate altogether.

As for the debate around Depp, I agree with the other posters here. It's largely about getting rid of the distraction and protecting their franchise.

I won't be surprised if Rowling would be asked to step aside or not be part of the movie's promotion going forward, because of her views on the trans issue. A lot of people at her publisher, Hachette, tried to deplatform here. I should add that if people really cared for the nuance, then they would understand she wasn't speaking against trans people, but more about erasure of women and their rights, but that's a different debate altogether.

As for the debate around Depp, I agree with the other posters here. It's largely about getting rid of the distraction and protecting their franchise.
Yeah, its pleasing to see that the woke PC culture she helped to create has come back to bite her in the arse and nobody cares

The trick is not minding
Yeah, its pleasing to see that the woke PC culture she helped to create has come back to bite her in the arse and nobody cares
Just an aside here, but she hardly helped create being PC, considering that the term has been around far longer then people realize.

Just an aside here, but she hardly helped create being PC, considering that the term has been around far longer then people realize.
Fair enough but it has never been this rampant, just because a term exists doesnt mean its been ever present. I cant stand her face, shes an idiot with 20 letters after her name who donated 1 million to the labour party because she is best friends with another idiot Gordon Brown, **** her. Just an aside.

The trick is not minding
Fair enough but it has never been this rampant, just because a term exists doesnt mean its been ever present. I cant stand her face, shes an idiot with 20 letters after her name who donated 1 million to the labour party because she is best friends with another idiot Gordon Brown, **** her. Just an aside.

Never contended it was. I was pointing out that she had no hand in creating, nor even popularizing the term “PC”

Welcome to the human race...
I would think having to be in the next Fantastic Beasts movie would be its own kind of punishment, but what do I know.