The Walking Dead S9

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Is anyone still gonna watch this?

I'm feeling like I'm gonna watch the first few just out of curiosity about how the inevitable goes down, and maybe the brief aftermath but after that I'm genuinely done with it unless it grabs me (which is very unlikely).

Previous seasons have majorly sucked when you get several episodes without Rick but losing him altogether makes the show unwatchable imo.

Can you have Breaking Bad without Walter White or The Sopranos without Tony?

I thought it was a fairly good episode to be fair, I think they might be setting up a whodunnit that will last the rest of the season to keep folk watching.

It wasn't the worst episode for sure, I have no idea what's gonna happen (apart from the whisperers) anything is possible after last season's shocking death

The Adventure Starts Here!
I wish I hadn't heard several of the behind-the-scenes contraction-negotiations tidbits recently. It's making me watch with a little more knowledge of what's probably coming than I wish I had.

And I realize that the news about Rick Grimes's character leaving the show got spilled too early, so they decided to run with that information as a promotion instead, but it's really made it tough watching any other storyline this season so far. It's like they're shouting, "Nothing else matters except our countdown to when Rick Grimes is gone!" Honestly, who does that? I think they kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one because it's sucked all the tension out of every episode so far, *especially* last night's episode!

Yeah its weird, "Rick Grimes final episodes". Just another cheap marketing gimmick from a show that in the last few years have been full of that, especially the mid season finale.

Also why bother with the cliffhanger this episode to then immediately show us next week's preview with Rick clearly getting back on the horse.

I'm sure they will get loads of viewers next episode but then what?

I don't think so. Not sure if I will watch after next week. I'm sure it will be a whodunit though that will drag out over the season.

Whodunnit for what? We know that Oceanside was behind the Saviors killings. What else is hanging around as a cliffhanger? (I'm blanking on this one!)

Whodunit for who kills Rick and they will milk that **** to the end of this season.

Oh, I guess I assumed the spike sticking out of his side eventually does him in. Nobody seems to die of an infection in this show, and yet I bet it'd be pretty common.

Oh, I guess I assumed the spike sticking out of his side eventually does him in. Nobody seems to die of an infection in this show, and yet I bet it'd be pretty common.
Would be quite hilarious if he died of a nasty infection but no, his death will be milked as much as poss.

Would be quite hilarious if he died of a nasty infection but no, his death will be milked as much as poss.
Agreed. It'll be the entire hour, for sure. Or is it more than an hour? Whatever. If they had a way to milk it through the commercials, they'd even do that. I can't get anywhere NEAR AMC anymore without a big ol' ad for RICK GRIMES' LAST EPISODES!

Yes yes yessssss… we know!

Aha, to align with the comics, you mean?
Yep. It's been so long since I read any, I don't remember, but I think Rick went one-handed from pretty early on. I think I heard they didn't do that for the TV series because it would've been too time consuming and expensive to CGI Andrew Lincoln's hand out of every frame.

Yep. It's been so long since I read any, I don't remember, but I think Rick went one-handed from pretty early on. I think I heard they didn't do that for the TV series because it would've been too time consuming and expensive to CGI Andrew Lincoln's hand out of every frame.
Yeah, I read that too, and it makes sense.

Boldly going.
I thought Episode 5, Rick Grimes's "final episode" was the best episode of the season so far. Lots of zombies, which is what I like.
I thought the conclusion
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
on the bridge
was spectacular!

Well...…..

WARNING: "Rick's fate" spoilers below
_He aint dead
The group thinks he is
He is going to star in a bunch of spin off TWD movies
Another time jump (2nd this season)
Judith handles that magnum recoil well for an 8 year old
Carolegolas
Negan is a little bitch
Rick will return I think for TV series finale (hopefully soon)