Low-Budget Movies w/ No Stars That Made a Lot of Money?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Those made between the years 1930-70s (because I can think of many made in the last 40 years that fit this criteria), since it was much easier outside the studio system, especially later also when a majority of the population (at least in my country of the USA) have cameras and the internet.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Clerks, Reservoir Dogs.

The Blair Witch Project

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

The Blair Witch Project
These were not made between the years 1930-70s

P.S. - Someone on another site said she didn't read it, despite it being the first sentence.

Yeah, sorry, definitely guilty of skimming that time. Maybe because I unconsciously assumed it would be unusual to have a time period stipulation (not saying it is, just surprised by it). My bad.

Yeah, sorry, definitely guilty of skimming that time. Maybe because I unconsciously assumed it would be unusual to have a time period stipulation (not saying it is, just surprised by it). My bad.

No worries
Just saw this on a third mistake on a third site, lol, which piques more (but different) curiosity.

I wonder if I've ever done this.

Rocky (1976)
Eraserhead (1977)
American Graffiti (1973)
Mad Max (1979)

I’m not saying they grossed tons, but significantly more than the budget. They arguably also made the leads into ‘stars’ - though I realise that can be contested.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But Reservoir Dogs had Harvey Keitel, didn't he have a decent following at the time?

Not sure about how low the budgets were in comparison for the time(s), but Cat People (1942) and Enter The Dragon (1973) come to mind instantly. I don't know how much Cat People has made, but it's got to be many times it's small budget given the amount of time since it was made. Again I don't know either box office or budget but things like Cannibal Ferox probably did well and,if you include rental/retail/streaming markets then I'm certain quite a few of the explotation movies of the 60's and 70's will all be included.