Criterion Collection

Tools    

Originally Posted by manicsounds
Want to start your Criterion Collection and dont know where to start?
Here's a 208 title set (no Out Of Print titles of course).
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...279908-2486267

Who's getting this now?

I already own a lot of those, I was thinking of buying one of those huge lots on ebay for similar prices but I already own too many to make it worthwhile costwise. I could of course sell the duplicates but I dont really sell stuff so it seems like too much hassle.

As for why someone would buy it, I am a pretty avid dvd collector, and the Criterion Collection is probably the best set that you can buy. Many of the greatest directors of all time have all their best movies exclusive (unless you count crap foreign releases) to Criterion. If I didnt already own a bit over 100 of them, I would snatch it up ina second. Ive already probably spent pretty close to $5000 just getting the ones I have got, of course that includes a couple of higher-priced out of print dvds.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
... If I didnt already own a bit over 100 of them, I would snatch it up ina second...
G'head and buy it and send the duplicates to me. No hassles!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
G'head and buy it and send the duplicates to me. No hassles!
Whats your address? The box may be ticking, dont worry though, that is just the Phantom dvd I packaged along with the collection.

I also have my own handful of Criterion DVDs. Naturally the CC contains great films by great directors so each DVD has a certain quality to them.

But to spend over $5,000 at once on something to where you could do something worthwhile with it..... I mean come on now.

I am a HUGE movie/DVD fanatic and on a lucky day back in the good ol' days, the limit for me at once was at the most a boxed set for $70-100.

I don't own any CC DVDs.

But i was going purchase my first one in Dec when Fritz Lang's M comes out on CC or i was going buy Brazil when it becomes cheaper (As if).

Spending 5,000 on DVDs at once is crazy! I could get a pretty decent Plasma HDTV for that much. I'm going pass on this offer.

Randomly visiting for now
......yeah me too, I'll pass on spending that much money on somebody else's favourite movies. I'd much prefer to slowly choose my own collection that I love and know everything about. Just my thoughts

Here's a picture of what you've be getting!

Wish i had $5,200 to spend!

Damn! If I had $5200 laying around I'd get it. Do they send it all in one shipment, I wonder... shipping alone would be expensive. Then again, if I'm spending 5200 dollars, I better get free shipping.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Damn! If I had $5200 laying around I'd get it. Do they send it all in one shipment, I wonder... shipping alone would be expensive. Then again, if I'm spending 5200 dollars, I better get free shipping.
that can probably all fit in a box.

Arresting your development
What no ROBOCOP, SID & NANCY, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and THIS IS SPINAL TAP?

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last

I agree. The collection ain't complete without those. Especially the last 2.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by jrs
I agree. The collection ain't complete without those. Especially the last 2.
They should knock off a couple of G's for that. No?

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
All out of print, my friend.