R66: 5 line DVD Reviews

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Cold Creek Manor:

By-the-numbers thriller formula where a psycho tries to upset the balance of a normal family houeshold by doing crazy, shocking things. Please see the instruction manual of film genres and look up; The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Single White Female and Fatal Attraction, or any other films where good actors make you try and forget that you know how it will all turn out in the end. Sharon Stone, Dennis Quaid star.

R66's smilie rating:

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

My Boss' Daughter

If you haven't turned this movie off after thirty minutes, you probably will after an hour. If not, then you'll seriously consider trying to get your money back at the rental store. Ashton Kutcher plays a naive and gets swindled to housesit for his boss just so he can get close to the daughter (Tara Reid--excellent at showing off her mid-drift). The house gets a thrashing, and so should you for renting this better-as-a-coaster DVD.

R66's smilie rating:

Traffic

A film from 2000 that recieved four Academy Awards. Sometimes hard to follow, but worth the effort to figure it out. It only works if you have the intellegence of at least a college sophmore, but if you appreciate great filmmaking and current events, you might make it through this 2+ hour rant on the drug problem, business in US/Mexico. Shot in 3 color tones to determine plotlines, Traffic is no Blow! A must see!

R66's smilie rating:

Great job r66... thanks for sharing these and I am looking forward to more...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sometimes I need it concise. Nice one.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Yeah sometimes I can't be bothered reading a long review just to find out if a film is good or not.

Oh those poor rich girls at Wellesley College in 1953. They were so smart that when a poor, dowdy Art History teacher named Kathrine Watson (Julia Roberts) arrives from California, they quickly make it clear they have the upper hand. That is until Watson teaches them that life, like art, is open for interpretation and not all girls need husbands to feel successful. Mona Lisa Smile is an above average reminder of that.

Damn, I totally missed this thread before. Cool.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

What's this new genre of horror movies? Y'know where a ghost helps out the hero/heroine, revealing clues without blatantly resolving the mystery in the first 1/2 hour? Well Gothika is one of those movies. Halle Berry is visited by a ghost(?) and is led to believe that some things in her life aren't what they seem. Yet under the guidence of Robert Zemeckis, Gothika will have you guessing until the final frame. Enjoy!

I know Robert Zemeckis produced Gothika but he didn't direct it, so I'm questioning how much input he actually had in it.

I know what you mean PM. But when and if you do watch it you'll see his input. Remember the single-shot camera tricks in What Lies Beneath? Gothika is full of them. So I assume Zemekis had alot to do with Gothika...I assume....

I've seen it, and I really didn't notice any of Zemeckis' input. I didn't like the movie at all. Most of the beginning of the movie just seemed unnecessary and way too convoluted. The thing about the spirit of the dead girl giving the main character clues, has been done many times before, and a lot better, and scarier.

Thanks guys! I'll do my best to write more! Here's one:

Chapelle's Show: Complete First Season-Uncensored

Ever not been the butt of a joke, but felt uncomfortable laughing at someone who was simply because the joke was extremely funny? Chapelle's Show is a brilliant example of how that can happen. This 2 disk/$20 masterpiece is filled with skits like: a blind klansman who doesn't know he's black, and when he finds out divorces his wife because he doesn't want to be married to a "n-word" lover! Genius! Warning: Not for those that live an up-tight lifestyle!

R66 smilie rating

A system of cells interlinked
This show is so wrong, and so damn funny. I'm Rick James Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great recommendation Reporter....

coke kills drink pepsi
I loved the one he did about prince, " You want some grapes"
does anyone know if hell be releasing a second season DVD

coke kills drink pepsi
thanks

Ever wonder where the fun went into making a parody? The originality of the parody is not in the storyline, but in the way a writer infuses his comedic inspirations throughout it. Scary Movie 3 alas, is devoid of such inspirations and causes you to wait for every "bit", thinking that it must get funnier. It doesn't. Instead, you wonder if laughter has left you completely! The laughs that do generate through this movie are reminders that paradies were once funny.

R66 smilie rating: