Rhys' Home Theatre Collection

Tools    

Before signing up for this forum and before starting my movie a day challenge I liked film. I liked film like most people like film and watched them from time to time because I enjoyed them but now after watching so many incredible pieces of art in a small space of time I'm began to appreciate film a lot more. I've began to LOVE film. (no, this isn't a LOVEfilm advertisement)

So, as a new true lover of film I've decided that I want to start collecting them and I will use this thread to archive the films I own along with reviews of the special features, box art and physical quality of the products in form of a YouTube video.

Single Blu-Rays

21 Jump Street
Attack the Block
Cloverfield
The Dark Knight
Fast and Furious
Fight Club
Horrible Bosses
ill Manors
Inglorious Basters
Observe and Report
Paranormal Activity
Pulp Fiction
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Scream 4
Shaun of the Dead

Blu-Ray Boxsets

Scream 1-3
James Dean Ultimate Collection - Rebel Without a Cause - Giant - East To Eden
Back to the Future Complete Collection
Harry Potter Complete Collection
Spiderman 1-3

Special Collections

Universal Classics

Has anybody got any suggestions on were to get decent priced steelbooks? Or just know of any good steelbooks?

^ If you look through my collection topic in this section there are quite a few photos I've taken of steelbooks up in there if you want some ideas.

As for buying if you are lucky, CEX sometimes get them in excellent condition, but it's rare. So always worth the look in there. For example I got The Expendables 2 steelbook in excellent condition for £8, and it was about £18 brand new in HMV.

As for brand new ones, a lot of them come out around the £17.99/£19.99 price range and unfortunately if you really want one it's best to buy them at that price straight away because a lot of them sell out fast. If you are prepared to risk it and they don't sell out you can get them for about £10.99 brand new later on.

If they are not exclusive to one online shop, it's best to order them from Amazon because they are usually cheaper and come down in price faster. Plus easier to deal with if you need to return it because steelbooks can be damaged easily.

On Play.com, there is a trade shop called Entertainment Store - they get in exclusive steelbooks you can't get anywhere else and they usually start at a reasonable £14.99 with free postage. Perfectly fine trader to deal with.

As for steelbook ideas, some of these I mention are out of print but you might find them second hand in CEX one day(I'll highlight the ones that collector's are after). Steelbooks that are worth the look(I've got all the ones below except Thor, and Enders Game):

Thor
Drive
The Raid
Prometheus
Alien 'Anthology'
Skyfall
Evil Dead(2013 film)
There Will Be Blood
Enders Game - this has a nice mondo artwork design that is available at HMV

It depends what you like really, there are a lot of steelbooks out there at the moment. If you want decent prices, Zavvi have a lot at the moment around the £10 mark.

That's a wonderful steelbook to get for your very first one. I've got the single steelbook editions from Canada but that double edition you have is so much nicer! I'm jealous.

On the issue of printed backs on the actual steelbook, you will usually find that on steelbooks from Germany, it's rare to have printed backs on steelbooks from other countries. Most come with a piece of card like with your Kill Bill one.

That's a wonderful steelbook to get for your very first one. I've got the single steelbook editions from Canada but that double edition you have is so much nicer! I'm jealous.

On the issue of printed backs on the actual steelbook, you will usually find that on steelbooks from Germany, it's rare to have printed backs on steelbooks from other countries. Most come with a piece of card like with your Kill Bill one.
Ah! Thank you for that.

The video I saw was a guy who bought both the kill bill steelbook like mine and a Sin City one and they both has printed backs. Unlucky eh?

^ Yep, he might have got them from Germany because Germany has the same edition artwork steelbook for Kill Bill 1 and 2 and it has a printed back. Same for Sin City, German edition has a printed back.

11 of my steelbooks from Germany have printed backs. I don't mind printed backs so it's not a problem for me. The rest I have from Germany don't, so you just got to do your research before buying if you don't like printed backs.

Probably. I kind of minded but I didn't think that there were other versions and I love Kill Bill. I won't be buying German versions often.

There are all kinds of steelbooks, different editions of the same film steelbook released in different countries, then you have different versions of the same film released in the same country thanks to exclusive editions to certain chains of shops.

It's quite something to keep up with, especially if you are a big collector of such things.

Yeah, it's quite crazy how many editions of these things get released. I don't think I'll be a collector who gets every single edition of every movie. (unless I like it a lot of course) ;P