First Ever DVDs

Tools    

I just purchased my first ever DVD's and three of the four of them have great Special Features discs. I just thought I'd share my thrills.

"Moulin Rouge"
"Snatch"
"Lawrence of Arabia"
"Traffic"

I'm stoked.

What were the first DVD's you ever bought??

Get Shorty was the first one I ever bought.

I believe The Good, the Bad & the Ugly was my first DVD.

My first LDs years before were BladeRunner, The Long Goodbye, North by Northwest, Miller's Crossing and The Empire Strikes Back. I bought all of those the very first night I had my player and just started drooling instantly. Love at first sight, that's for sure.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My first DVD, I didn't buy. I bought the DVD Player my dad bought the DVD. The DVD that he got for me was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Let's see, although it was only about two years ago, I can't remember the ones I got very clearly, but I can tell you this. I got:

The Sixth Sense
U.S. Marshals
- Don't ask
American Pie
Office Space

I got the DVD player with my graduation money, and had some left over so I went and got some DVDs. Can't start off without any.

I even remember the first two DVDs I rented. Man on the Moon and The Omega Code(snoozer).
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Radioactive Spider Blood
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Guy
Babe

i got like 17 of my DVD's free from my dad's office, so the first one i ever bought was the godfather trilogy
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Originally posted by spudracer
I even remember the first two DVDs I rented. Man on the Moon and The Omega Code(snoozer).
The first one I rented was that cheerleader movie with Kirsten Dunst (Bring It On, I believe it was called).

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I ended up buying it for some odd reason. Even I have no idea why I bought it. I think everyone has those kinds of movies though, you know, ones you have no idea why you buy them.

i know exactly what u mean, spud, i bought whipped for 5 bucks for no reason.

I liked bring it on, i thought the whole cheerleading urban ledends and jargon was really clever.

Spartacus (Widescreen but not Criterion)
L.A. Confidential: SE
Best of Friends Vols. 1 and 2
High Noon
Ben-Hur
Heat
The Maltese Falcon
Cool Hand Luke
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Othello
(Fishburne/Branagh version)
Lawrence of Arabia: LE
2001: A Space Odyssey
Se7en: NLPS

The only reason I remember all of these is because I posted them in the New DVD's thread as soon as I got them last June.

gone
the blade (tsui hark)
it was only £8.99 at the HMV clearout.

I had a DVD player for a year before buying my first DVD
they're a bit of joke here - £20 (about $32) for one DVD, and region 2 ones have less features than region 1.

Thankfully times are moving on, and the net is driving down the price of DVD's, I've bought roughly 20 in the last month over the internet:

The Thing
Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set
Night of the living dead
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead Series
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Audition
Perfect Blue
NInja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Vertigo
North by Northwest
Brother
Hana-Bi
12 Monkeys
Throne of Blood
Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
Rashomon

That's my entire collection and now I'm skint.

the first dvd's i ever got for free were casablanca and batman i love them both

Originally posted by spudracer
You got all of these the same day?
Yes, the same day I received my DVD player: my birthday.

EDIT: Okay, I just re-read the first post and see that this is supposed to be the first DVD's we bought. In that case, I must look at the "New DVD's" thread once more:

Fight Club
Richard III
(Ian McKellen version)
Being John Malkovich

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Pitch Black and Mortal Kombat. Oh yea... You fear it...