DVD Aficionado

Tools    

it went from version 1.0 to 2.0...2.0 is still in the revamping stage but it is functional for basic purposes

Horrorphiliac

it went from version 1.0 to 2.0...2.0 is still in the revamping stage but it is functional for basic purposes
I investigated today and yep, that's what it needed. An upgrade but the older one didn't have pages and if it did, I didn't run into them and I had over 460 movies there.

Now I'm not even finished viewing my B's when page one ends. I like the other better personally.

You know what I hate about this new upgrade. It shows less DVDs per page. Or is there a way to correct that. Before It would be one long list of over 400 movies without needing pages. Now it's 50, next page, another 50, another page. Crap.

Yeh, sites definitely taken a turn for the worse. Along with that i liked being able to add more than one title at once. At least it's free.

Yeah, very sloppy. If you click on the little question mark near the page navigation, there's just some message where the developer is apparently reminding himself to write an explanation.

Tons of wasted space with that floating menu on the left, too. It's a pity it's so established, or I'd write a better version in a heartbeat.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I didn't know that site still existed. I've still got an account with them, but it's so out of date, and I don't even think I have all the titles I used to. Ahh...memories.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Another problem i found is that you can't make additional subfolders. Shame it's the only real catalogue of DVDs i have.

Gee, if only MoFo had a similar feature *whistles down the lane*

Yes, reps indeed. Yoda are you hearing this?

I saw a forum with that on it and it's pretty cool. All the members know who owns their movies etc.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I definitely like the old design more (the floating menu on the side is especially terrible) but it's not bothering me that much. I actually quite like how they split the collection up into different pages - it can be irritating to stumble across a huge collection that takes ages to scroll through.

Yes, reps indeed. Yoda are you hearing this?
Hmmm...I know I said earlier that I'd write a better version if the site weren't so entrenched, but it's entirely possible that lots of other people feel the same way you guys do.

The site itself would not be a tremendous undertaking; the only real issue would be finding a relatively easy way to get all those DVDs into the database. If I could find a way to do that that wasn't too time-consuming, I'd probably take the plunge at some point.

I'll have to ponder this a bit.

Is there still a lot of interest in it?
What is it?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

www.dvdaf.com

It'd be that, but presumably a lot better, and (possibly) integrated into MoFo. Site's been around awhile, and it's a good idea, but it's always been really, really clumsily put together.

I'd be interested in such a feature. I just put my collection in at another site, but I like these forums better, so I'd happily move it over here. (It's less than 200 anyway, so it wouldn't take that much time to move.)