The MoFo DVD Collection Photo Thread

Tools    

I dedicate this picture to mark f:

It's one of my sweeter DVDs.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I have the the 1-disc Anniversary Collector's Edition of Jaws. It's not the best version, but all I need is the film to be satisfied.

I have the the 1-disc Anniversary Collector's Edition of Jaws. It's not the best version, but all I need is the film to be satisfied.
Especially if you run into a good sale (or other type of deal), more special features and a nicer box are always nice for a few more dollars. But in a lot of cases, I agree, Swan.

Nice, you own the Criterion Le Samourai, one of my favourite films.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I need to get my collection posted up here, I dont know why I constatly forget I look at the DVDs everyday as they are in my livingroom

Like looking at pictures of all your collections. I have a pretty small one. Just wondering, for those that have big ones...are there those that you have bought and watched...and hated, and regretted buying. How often does that happen?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Like looking at pictures of all your collections. I have a pretty small one. Just wondering, for those that have big ones...are there those that you have bought and watched...and hated, and regretted buying. How often does that happen?
Film Addict you should post a pic of your collection I also like looking at other people's collection's.

I buy dvds mostly cheap in shop's, small bundles from the newspaper or ebay and carboot sales. There are afew times I have picked up a new dvd and it turns out to be rubbish but I still keep it as I may re-watch it sometime or not When I buy dvd's from Carboot sales I only choose the one's that I want and you can get some very good deals. But with the bundles that I have bought I sometimes get a few that I dislike but I havent had a bundle for years.

Welcome to the human race...
Half my collection...

The other half...

There are a few gaps where I've either lent DVDs to someone or taken them out and haven't put them back in. The ones on the far right in the second photo are the newer additions to my collection. I'm waiting until the racks actually get full before I put them all into alphabetical order.

You want to post like me?
I'll upload some close-ups soon but I figured I'd give you guys a basic idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd 1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	6433

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd 2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	6434

They're way to bright, I know, but the cam on my laptop isn't that great. It's a work in progress but I'm pretty proud of it. It's grown by 5-7 DVD's since I took these and I'm hoping to fill the last room soon. I have this idea of putting shelves up above the TV and fill those to or maybe just display my top ten. Oh and I painted the red plate behind the case myself. That's why I've referred to it as semi-customed.

Man I wish that guy who numbered his DVDs would still be active on this cause I have a question.

Okay in your system lets say you have 7 movies. You put 'em in and the numbers run like so:

1. XXXXXX
2. XXXXXX
3. XXXXXX
4. The Godfather
5. Goodfellas
6. XXXXXX
7. XXXXXX

So then you get out your trusty sharpie and number away...

Well, what happens when you get The Godfather: Part II for Christmas? It becomes number 5 and throws your whole list off. What do you go back with your sharpie and re-number everything?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Thought I'd post mine again, in this thread.

I've got more, so I might update the pictures sometime.

Suspect's Reviews

Nice Dawn of the Dead special edition. I only have the Dutch two disc edition with Romero's director's cut, and the Argento cut. On the plus side it does include the making of film Document of the Dead.

I see you own the Alfred Hitchcock collection, but you haven't watched the Birds yet? You need to get to that, TUS.

OK I posted my collection photos a few months back, but have bought quite a few films since then; so here's an update. There are lots of pictures so you can hopefully see most of my titles.

In this first picture you can see some of my recent Spaghetti Western additions.

...and here's the rest of them

Above are my dvd-r's. Top left is the uncut Japanese edition (the only uncut version out there) of Humanoids from the Deep. Top right is the Italian widescreen edition of Galaxy of Terror. And bottom is the uncut French release of Ms.45