Gladiator on DVD

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
This question is mainly for Laurie L. I know you'll have this DVD, I just got it and was wondering where the special features are? I know theres the making of it on there, and a special about Gladiators amoung others. But the only extra I can find on it is the commentary. Do you know where they are?

Right...I think I figured out my problem. I only rented it on DVD, and they only gave me 1 disc, so the second disc probably has the special features on it. Am I right?

Why'd they only give you one? Did they botch it up? Fast food usually does, but the video store out here is pretty good - and we use it like twice a week.

Yea I use mine like everyday, I buy posters and stuff. The woman working today was new and I don't think she knew what she was doing really.

I just bought it yesterday.
  • Ridley Scott film commentary
  • Deleted scenes with Scott commentary
  • Extra footage cut to the score
  • Interview with composer
  • 2 behind-the-scene featurettes
  • Production diary by actor Spencer Clark Treat (Lucius)
  • Concept art and storyboards slide show
  • Photo gallery
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Production notes and detailed cast and filmmaker biographies

There aren't any parts on the making of some of the special FX? This movie is brilliant in the use of composite shots.

Cheers!

Sorry...I've been swamped at work with a major nationwide problem with recent DVD releases. Gladiator is on two discs...for now. Dreamworks is rumored to be releasing a Gladiator Collector's Set in a few months that will be three DVDs with more features than any other disc to date.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Thanks for the details Laurie, I will definately wait for the Collector's set!

Cheers!

FYI to those of you out there that are interested in buying Gladiator on DVD. Amazon and other companies are beginning to see returns of this DVD. Seems that when a DVD shopper receives the disc, they shake the package and hear what they think is excessive rattling. Not to worry though. Dreamworks has packaged these two DVDs in a 'book' case. The first disc is on a hinge that moves back and forth in the packaging like pages of a book. Consumers tend to think that if they hear something moving around, it must be a loose disc that is being scratched...this is not the case for Gladiator.