The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Holden, it's called Last Tango in Paris, not The Last Tango in Paris.

Holden, it's called Last Tango in Paris, not The Last Tango in Paris.
You're right SC, after Holdens effort to post every single movie voted for in order; point out his accidental use of the word THE on one movie .

Thanks alot for posting this Holden i didn't expect this .

For those unsure of the tie-breaking process, when the titles have the same point total, the film with more votes "wins". The second round of tie-breaking goes by the highest numbered vote, as if determining who has the higher flush in a hand of poker.

For example, our thirteen titles with eighteen points each....

The Bad News Bears was on five lists, so it becomes the highest of that bunch. The Beguiled, A Boy and His Dog, and Cross of Iron all had two votes a piece getting to their eighteen point total. A Boy & His Dog had an 11th Place vote (15 points) and a 23rd Place (3) to make its eighteen, Cross of Iron had a 15th Place (11 points) and a 19th Place (7 points) to make its eighteen, and The Beguiled had a 16th Place (10 points) and an 18th (8 points). Thus, the order becomes The Bad News Bears, A Boy & His Dog, Cross of Iron, and The Beguiled.

The other nine films (Bed & Board, Coming Home, Dirty Ho, Fist of Fury, Le Mans, The Man Who Sleeps, Over the Edge, Start the Revolution Without Me, and When A Stranger Calls) all received one single eighth place, eighteen point vote each, so they are listed together, alphabetically.

I think I need a drink.

*URP*
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	matthau.jpg
Views:	1361
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	17179  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Touch of Zen is amazing. Watched it too late, though. ;(
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
thanks holden for posting the full list!!

And I'm with spaulding when it came as a surprise that High Plains Drifter didn't make the the 100

I am curious to see who else voted for:
What's Up Doc?

Disney's Robin Hood

and Three Musketeers

I had Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion on my shortlist, as well.
Me too.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

see all this chattering & can't resist, High Plains Drifter should've made my list. And i'd have liked to see it make the countdown. Cool ghost movie, all about those

I am curious to see who else voted for:
What's Up Doc?
Yoda had it as his #20.

Disney's Robin Hood
BrowningIdentity #15, and moviefan1996 #17.

Golgot had it #8, and Mark F #18. I had it as my #26. It was literally the last movie I cut from my list.

Those in the UK who want to see Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory can do so on Sunday, at 5pm on 5.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Well, the list has driven me to spend money if nothing else. I've upgraded Chinatown, The Long Goodbye, The Sting and Straw Dogs to Blu Ray on the back of it.

This has now filled the dresser I bought a couple of years ago to house the BDs. I hope you're happy Holden.

Moonraker got a vote?!?
Moonraker got two fu*king votes. Most definitely the worst Bond to that time, and even though most of the Brosnan ones were downright terrible, it would still have to be in the running for the worst.

But....hey, proves no matter what, somebody out there likes it.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	moonraker.jpg
Views:	1290
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	17206  

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Moonraker got two fu*king votes. Most definitely the worst Bond to that time, and even though most of the Brosnan ones were downright terrible, it would still have to be in the running for the worst.

But....hey, proves no matter what, somebody out there likes it.

I like most of the Brosnan Bond movies, especially Goldeneye.