Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

Armageddon. Think it's so much better than everyone gives it credit for (minus the horrible science involved but that's a whole different story).

I'd also say Titanic...though I still don't think it's as good as the Academy does. But it's a lot better than people give it credit for today.

I'd also say Titanic...though I still don't think it's as good as the Academy does. But it's a lot better than people give it credit for today.
Why? Because it capitalized on hundreds of people dying through not focusing on the disaster at all but a stupid, fake love story that just happened to end because one of them drowned?

Why? Because it capitalized on hundreds of people dying through not focusing on the disaster at all but a stupid, fake love story that just happened to end because one of them drowned?
I agree, it could have focused on the event as a whole a little more. However, if you think of it as in the sense of a love story- it's a very good one.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Titanic does actually focus on the deaths of over a thousand people, just as Schindler's List focuses on the deaths of millions of people. It's just that both films focus on survivors too. Now, I'm not here to say which survivors are real or not, but survivors did exist during both events. I know some people (inexplicable to me) who dislike Schindler's List because ALL the Jews DID NOT DIE. Apparently they wanted a film with no survivors. They're probably all Godard fans...

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
oh that's right. movies aren't for entertainment purposes!

At the same time, the film provides a class commentary on the nature of the ship itself through the romance. What is the movie on all its levels? A history second. A romance first. But even more than that: a class-subverting romance behind it all---the thing which ties together both the history and the romance into a singular, tragic dream. Now, I will not attempt to claim some kind of implied irony on behalf of Cameron, but it's precisely his decision to have Jack die along with the ship that makes the movie so true on both its apparent and ironic levels. One of the key details that seals the deal for me in respect to the film's intentional dramatic balance for the romance and overall narrative of the ship is how the impact with the iceberg precisely coincides with Jack and Rose making love for the first time.

But yeah, Schindler's List is obscene.

Spider-Man 3. I think Topher Grace was an excellent choice for Venom because he was the anti-Peter Parker, he was confident, more in control and knew how to play the game. In the 3rd movie Venom wasn't so much as a BIGGER threat like he is in the comic book, but a dark analogue of the person Peter Parker was becoming. That's why I liked it. BUT don't get me wrong...I hated all the extra crap.

I really loved Sucker Punch even though Rottentomatoes gave it a score of 20%. From the reviews I've read, everyone is hating on this film and I don't know why. It's a popcorn action movie that's really fun Was everyone expecting it to be Shakespeare?

Anyway, I dragged my girlfriends along with me and they all hated it. Not a single one of them are into action movies at all which kinda sucks but I'm definitely going to see it again!

I still need to see "Sucker Punch" BUT I can tell you 100% that I'm not expecting Shakespeare when someone like Zack Snyder is directing a movie that he himself wrote. The trailer gave us everything we pretty much need to know: Hot chicks, Insane asylum, hot chicks, fantastical locations and fights scenes and hot chicks.

I've always said I'd go and see any movie if it was honest about what I was getting for my money. When I went to see "300" I wasn't going in expecting to see a historically accurate depiction of an ancient battle, I was going in expecting "THIS IS SPARTA!" and that's what I got and I loved it ! Then again, I have yet to see "Sucker Punch" but my expectations aren't looking for "Citizen Kane" here.

By the way I think I neglected to mention hot chicks.

By the way I think I neglected to mention hot chicks.
The Hot Chick on the other hand was a movie I hated LOL

Rod Schneider movies are hated by everyone.

And just because now I'm allowed to post video (lol) I found this short film on Youtube that I liked that someone out there probably didn't!

Sudoku Blackbelt
Waterworld

I don't know if people hated it, but overall, it got really bad reviews. Yes, there were alot of implausable things that happened, ( i.e., Mariner taking Helen to the ocean floor in a balloon) But sometimes you've simply got to suspend logic and disbelief in order to enjoy a movie.

Pans and razzies aside, I enjoyed it. A cool adventure.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Dreamcatcher